All reviews carriage house pool house the main house library room hot tub bed and breakfast outdoor space beautiful swimming pool terrific place to stay gas fire wonderful breakfast helpful with suggestions relaxing weekend next morning steve cabana poolside
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I had a chance to stay at Far View over the 4th of July holiday and had a wonderful peaceful time. I was looking for a B&B for a solo trip to decompress and Far View fit the bill. I met a lovely couple from Houston (Katie and Shane) on my first morning and had lovely conversation. This is the thing I like about B&B’s, meeting people from all walks of life and the great conversation. It varies, but again, adds to the charm. On the next night I had the place to myself and this was exactly what I needed.

I stayed in the Garden Room, small, but absolutely perfect for a person traveling alone. I added a few more photos of the room to give a better idea of its layout as I did not find many when I was researching for my stay. This room suitable for a young couple or person traveling alone. The bathroom is tiny, but again, perfect for and individual or young couple. In a couple of words, it is cozy and economical. If you like to spread out, this is not the room for you, but I was privy to a tour of the other rooms and they were all accommodating and lovely and varied in size, so you have a variety of choices. If I stay again, I will most likely choose the balcony room.

I spent my time relaxing, so the quiet and tranquility of the grounds and the pool were perfect for me. It is in a neighborhood, but the lot on which the B&B is situated is large and surrounded by trees and foliage that give it an air of privacy and seclusion. I relaxed poolside most of my second day and then wandered off to explore. One thing I forgot about a small town and holiday, the place become a ghost town. So, if you want to take advantage of the variety of stores and restaurants, I do not recommend going on a holiday as I did. I still had a great time, but I missed this part.

The breakfast was great and is served daily at 8:30 am. Richard and Linda the innkeepers were very welcoming and gracious. Thank you for a great stay, I will definitely book another.

Room Tip: The Garden room is perfect for a solo traveler wanting a getaway or on business. Be advised the bathroom is tiny, but will meet your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Loved it and the pool. Breakfast window a little too slim -- snooze past 9 and you lose. In town 96 West Restaurant is EXCELLENT and the little Farmer's Market on the square serves wine and cheese. Wish we had known that Saturdays were the big nights!

Room Tip: If you are challenged by stairs or uneven paths -- be sure to notice walk to room from parking
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2016

The property is awesome. Great pool area. The room was clean and very large. The property manager greeted us and was very friendly. The breakfast was very nice too. This was our second stay and it is much nicer than any of the hotels in the area and location is much better too.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2016

This is the second time my wife and I stayed here, and again it did not disappoint. This historic home has many pluses, including spotless rooms. There is a beautiful garden with a path around the property where we took relaxing walks. Steve, the engaging and delightful proprietor, cooked wonderful breakfasts, made suggestions for restaurants, and most importantly, made us feel at home. We had a very relaxed and pleasant stay and are already looking forward to returning again for another visit.

Room Tip: On both visits, the rooms had nice views of the grounds.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We stayed in the Carriage House and it was very comfortable! It would have been nice if the Cable TV had Music channel available. We stayed up and drank wine and it would have been even more fun with some music!!!

Room Tip: The Carriage House was great for a group or family!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends