“Love it!”

Z's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #21 of 118 Restaurants in Boerne
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: We have gourmet wood fired pizza, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. We make fresh dough and sauces everyday. Providing options for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, and low carb diets.
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We have gone for date night and love the atmosphere inside, especially when they have a live violinist! The food is very good! The outsoor has a playground (not for kiddos under 3) and its fenced. Very family friendly.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Read reviews and wanted to try solo to see how it was before bringing friends; will bring friends in as meal and service was great.

Had lunch special for $9 which included 3 toppings of your choice. Did the sausage/mushroom/onion and was perfect 8 inch size for lunch. Tap beer was priced at $6 and bottled was @ $3.75.

Was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and their attention in taking care of tables and also making sure the tables were always clean. A very clean place which is great.

They offer bar service and two nice small dining rooms with 2-4 top seating’s. If a big party, they do take reservations which would help them out.

ALL ingredients are made fresh each day to the dough and all the products and nothing is carried over to the next day as things might run out; and that’s OK

They are closed Mon-Tue as that is ‘their’ weekend and understand.

The only suggestion I could make about the pizza was that the crust could have been a little bit crisper. It had a charred bottom but could have taken another 30-40 seconds. Saying that, the next time I go in, I’ll ask if they can make mine a little crisper and if so; problem solved.

Great staff and very attentive to customer’s needs. Parking could be tight on a busy night but you can park on the grass if needed. They do have outdoor seating if it works for you .

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Went for dinner with another couple. Large selection of pizzas with thin good crust. Good selection of beers and good salads to share. Wait staff friendly, helpful and efficient despit a fairly large crowd.A bit off the crowded path but easy to find. Would highly recommend if you are in this area. Prices are reasonable

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch here today and were totally impressed with both the food and service. Some of the pizza selections are unique such as the Boerne Wurst pizza I had. This pizza was amazing in that in reminded me of a great hotdog at a baseball game...try it with mustard. My wife’s Supremo was also great. The service could not have been better. The building is quaint and they have a kids corner in the back as well as a large back patio area with bands on Friday and Saturday. They also have a great kids area in the back. We topped off our lunch with an excellent wood-fired chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....a totally great experience!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Finally a great tasting pizza restaurant with exceptional, friendly and prompt wait service. Restaurant is rather small, family-friendly, with a lot of tree-shaded, outdoor seating and even a play set for kids. There was also live music on our recent visit. I recommend dining (or ordering to-go) during off-peak hours or else expect a 45 minute wait for your pizza. However, I must say, a 45 minute wait for their pizza is well worth it--in my opinion. I highly recommend Z's and intend to dine here again.

Been to Z's Wood Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!