“Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, outdoor eating area,.........bad pizza.”

Z's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #17 of 118 Restaurants in Boerne
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Description: We have gourmet wood fired pizza, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. We make fresh dough and sauces everyday. Providing options for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, and low carb diets.
Reviewed 1 April 2017

My wife and I were in the mood for pizza yesterday but could not decide between this place and Broken Stone...so we decided to try both! First up was Z's. Comfortable, casual atmosphere with a very friendly staff. We sat in the back overlooking the outdoor eating area and kid's play area. So far so good. We ordered a 12" pizza with sausage, pepperoni, black olives and onion and extra mozzarella on one half cuz my wife likes extra cheese. Pizza came out pretty quick but the crust was burned which I am sure affected the flavor. The pizza itself was fairly tasty but a little skimpy on the toppings. The worst part was how expensive it was. $10 more here than at Broken Stone where we went immediately after leaving Z's and ordered the identical pizza. Check out my review of Broken Stone.

2  Thank Thomas H

Reviewed 30 March 2017

We've loved this pizza since they served out of a food truck but now they own this charming rustic restaurant with the finest ingredients and as good or better as any restaurant in Italy. We've traveled extensively and love that this special find is right here in Boerne. Also excellent salads etc

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Excellent beer selection on tap. Awesome wood fired pizza the crust and toppings were high quality. Definitely the best around. Way better than the overpriced place by i10 in Leon Springs. And excellent service!!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

Z's catered both a rehearsal dinner we attended and our son's 4th birthday party and I can't say enough positive things about this place. The pizza is consistently excellent. Plus, they offer the best gluten free pizza I've ever had. If you are ever in Boerne over the weekend do yourself a favor: hit up Random beer garden for an IPA and a Z's pizza for a memorable hangout.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

The pizza was great with excellent thin crust (just the way I like it). The service was friendly and fast, and we really enjoyed the experience. About a bazillion types of beer and ale on draft and neat place for kids (and adults) to play outdoor games. Just a really different but entertaining departure from the normal out-to-eat place. They put parmesan cheese on all of their pizzas so, if you are like me and don't like parmesan cheese, you need to tell them to hold it.

Been to Z's Wood Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!