“As yummy as expected!”
Review of The Cuban Cafe

The Cuban Cafe
Ranked #18 of 188 Restaurants in Baytown
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Finally got my hubby to step out of his comfort zone and try something new! Thank goodness it did not disappoint! Both of us ordered the Original Cuban Sandwich, I got the yuca, and he tried the fried plantain. The sandwich was perfectly crisp with the right amount of filling. So yum! The plantains were good, but I LOVE the yuca every time!

Service was quick and friendly. Every employee who walked by spoke. Other customers were chatty and nice as well--overall pleasant lunch. Look forward to going back for the ropa vieja and the picadillo!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Good sandwiches. This is one of our regular places to eat for me and my co-workers. Normally call in order and pick up but there is some seating available.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

There is nothing special about the restaurant itself, but if you want a really good Cuban sandwich, this is the place to go. It is guaranteed to hit the spot.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I swung by here as I was passing through town just because I was looking for something different that wasn't a chain drive through. I stopped in at around 5pm and the place was completely empty, so I just chatted with the owner for a bit while they made my food. At their recommendation, I ordered the cuban sandwich with a side of plantains. It wasn't mind blowing, but it was tasty enough to where I would certainly go back in the area.

1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The service and food were both great. The restaurant was so dirty. Entrance door was sticky and needed quite a bit of windex. All of the tables were dirty. Only the items on the tables were removed; tables were not wiped clean at all. Floor had standing water in one place; have no idea where it came from. I would loved to have ordered an espresso coffee....the machine was so dirty; would not drink anything made with this machine. The reason husband and I visited on doctor trip from Houston was the restaurant rating that it had received... 4 3/4 STARS and that we love Cuban food.