“Wow..worst customer service from owner”
Review of Brendas Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

Brendas Steak & Seafood
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Ordered an 8oz steak fornd under heading "steak and lobster"...price $13.95 ...bill came and cost $29.95...inquired noting listing seemed to indicate total $13.95 ...owner comes over points out on side says plus shrimp with another price..state right however nothing seperateabout lobster n if heading did not include livster would expect heading read "Steak" with cost of adding lobster next to that with adding shrimo...response "so i dont want pay for it " ...reply, i want to pay the advertised $13.95....manager reply " u ate my lobster"...offered to return it, which met with " you can never eat here again..REALLY? would/do not want to....by the way, lobster was very tuff ..in any case, if u choose try this spot...encourage u clarify ur menu listing/price to avoid confusion n being barred...waitress was nice n efficient

Date of visit: June 2015
3  Thank 1bWright

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We are staying at the Lake Bastrop Lodge(which is BEAUTIFUL, by the way.) that the 1441 cafe is located in, and yesterday when we came to eat it was.. Do-able. Food was a bit greasy and expensive. Over $7 for ONE omelotte with a few potatoes on the side. Oh, and all it had on it was ham and cheese. No choices for other toppings.

We came in this morning and ordered our food. In total, my party had six breakfast tacos. It took over an hour to get our food. And when we did get our food, we opened our tacos and the eggs inside weren't even cooked all the way. I took my knife and could twirl the liquid egg whites all around. That's how raw they were.

The staff were very helpful. Coffee refills constantly, always checking on our table to see if we were okay. When we finally did get our food, the waitress helping our table did us a favor and made our meal totally free.

In all, the food was mediocre. If we came back to the Lake Bastrop Lodge, we will not eat at the 1441 cafe again.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank coolkatg
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Loved the fresh green beans. I think a daily special would be wonderful! My family had the chicken and raved about it. Really on top of drink refills. Nice staff. But definitely try a special. Hard to find healthy options on the menu. Hoffbrau salad was delish!

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were heading to Bastrop for dinner and passed by this cafe. We decided to turn around and try this place out. I'm glad we did! Very friendly waitresses, great food, and homemade pie for dessert! Chicken fried chicken and chicken fried steak was great! Its actually the cafe of a lodge/hotel but the food is made from scratch and good! Check it out!!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Nearly every Friday I go to this place for the Fried Catfish special. Best around. Sometimes if I miss a Friday special, I just order it at regular price for dinner. The jalapeno hush puppies are great and the cole slaw is wonderful. They have hand battered chicken strips or steak fingers that my kiddos love as well.

Date of visit: May 2013