“Best Hamburger in Bandera - NOT!!”
Review of Busbee's Bar-B-Que

Busbee's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Bandera
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We stopped here nearly 1pm on a Friday on our way to the Frio River. We were greeted by an energetic young man at the ordering counter who boasted, "WE HAVE THE BEST HAMBUGERS IN BANDERA", so we were hooked. Two hamburgers and a side of fries. WHAT A JOKE! The fries where hardly cooked and were just globs of grease. The hamburger meat had a funky taste, like it was freezer burnt, it just wasn't good. Perhaps the BBQ is better, but we'll never know as we'll never eat here again.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband stopped by for lunch and it was delicious. I had a delicious chop sandwich with a mouth melting potato salad. My husband had an amazing brisket and smoked sausage plate. Definitely a little hidden gem to stop by !

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you very much for visiting our restaurant and for taking the time to write a review on us. Our staff really appreciates the kind and encouraging words. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Located right on Main Street, we went in for lunch. The food was good but I wouldn't say it was great. I had barbecue chicken and my wife has a brisket sandwich. The food was good, I think perhaps it was the sauce that seemed a little off to me... but then you must realize that Barbecue is very much a regional thing and I'm from GA.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you for coming and for your input. I agree BBQ is a regional preference thing!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This place has been in Bandera for years and has always cranked out delicious BBQ.
Brisket falls apart, turkey is my wife's favorite, and the sides taste like home made !

Reviewed 22 July 2017

We love Busbee's barbeque! The food is high quality and very well prepared. I usually get the chicken with sides--is always good but sometimes sold out! The staff are always friendly. The restaurant is very clean and they have a good system of getting folks in and out. We love to sit by the window and people watch--it's across the street from Arky Blues--another must do in Bandera--pickers on Saturdays/Sundays--bands at night.

JLDVGD, Owner at Busbee's Bar-B-Que, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our restaurant, food, and employees. You make our day. Hope to see you again soon. Let us know before you come and we will save you some chicken!