“Great place to drink and smoke”
Review of The Chickin Coop

The Chickin Coop
Ranked #10 of 46 Restaurants in Bandera
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Loved this place to start our day trip in bandera. We wanted to explore trip advisory and decided to stop at the chicken coop. Not only can to get a beer but you can sit in or outside in the patio and smoke.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Every time we come to Bandera we go tot he Chickin Coop. The food is really good, and we are not much on beer so the only place we found to get a mix drink. Atmosphere is ideal.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Very average food. Typical bar food selection. Service ok. Daytime is family friendly.

The porch was ok and much better than drab interior seating areas. I got the idea that this is mostly a local bar and may get rowdy at night.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I had the chicken with gravy and french fries. Obviously not a " heart healthy " meal but the food was hot and the gravy enhanced the chicken breast. I ordered ice tea and they brought my tea with a full pitcher of tea to serve myself. I really liked that idea. Plus, the service was good.

I was there in the late afternoon and they were setting up a band for a later performance.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

This is where the locals go. I could tell because they overheard us discussing what to order and were all too happy to make suggestions. I should have listened to them and gotten the French Dip Sandwich with onion rings like my boyfriend did. My pulled pork sandwich and French fries were good but his was amazing. Service was quick and friendly. If we're ever back in this neck of the woods we will certainly be back!

Date of visit: July 2016