“Cute country bar and restaurant”
Review of Jo's bar & Grill

Jo's bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Balmorhea
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We ate here two nights...food was good (we had the catfish plate and hamburger w hot wings one night and the brisket sandwich with nachos the second) and the service was nice.
They didn't hover but they were available if we needed something

Reviewed 15 August 2016

On our last day in the town of Balmorhea we found Jo's open for business. I will say the place is mainly a watering hole but they do serve good BBQ.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

This restaurant is a bar... however it does allow children. The staff is somewhat friendly? I say that as a question because they were friendly, but you could tell they were in a bad mood. The chili cheese fries are pretty tasty. (but it is frozen crinkle cut fries with canned chili and Costco nacho cheese sauce) You can easily replicate at home. I got the burger and it was still pretty pink in the middle which kind of concerned me, because I know they weren't using the best top notch beef. But it was decent. My kids got hot dogs which were good. Our server seemed really put off by having to serve us, although every table was filled with children. I guess she was having a bad day?!? I asked for mayo and you would have thought that I slapped the lady in the face by how she was irrigated by that. This is one of 5 restaurants in this town, so options are very limited.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Jo's was such a great find in Balmorhea, TX! We stopped at the promise of cold beer and found a delightful hang-out spot. You have to have their catfish plate. It's simple, but delicious. I never order fish when I eat out as it most always tastes gelatinous. However, Jo's catfish was breaded with a wonderful blend of spices making a crunchy beginning to the most perfectly cooked and delicate catfish meat. The catfish (about 4-5 pieces) comes with French fries and coleslaw. Their coleslaw was also delicious. My husband wanted the rib plate, but they had sold out by the time we got there. Go early to ensure you get what you're craving. You won't be sorry when you stop at Jo's.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This is a very rustic place. The staff are very nice. I recommend the burger basket it was great I loved the burger. I would recommend the green chili on your burger.
The beers were super cold which was awesome since we were super hot.