“Good food”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Passing through on the way to California. Cute little house with each room painted a different color - very neat and clean. Bathroom was clean and well appointed. I got the flautas and they were wonderful! My friends had the bear claw plate which had enchiladas- one friend had green sauce and the other had red. Both were good, but spicy! It seemed that there was not a lunch special menu so paying $11 per plate seemed pricey. Still - we would stop again!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

After a day at the pool we were looking for a good place to eat in Balmorhea and we found it at Cueva de Oso. Comfortable surroundings and good, not just average, but good Tex-Mex food. Generous servings and courteous staff.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

For of us ate there recently. There is an inside area, but we could not open the front door. Driving around back, we found a garden area that was open. (The inside opened later and filled quickly.). Two of us had the chicken fried steak -- pretty good, say 7 out if ten, gravy ok, not really good. French fries, not mashed. Others had a burger and chicken flatuas. Both good.
Service slow, likely needed more staff.
Overall, I recommended it, and I am a tough CFS critic.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Near Balmorrhea State Park; this restaurant is a gem! Stopped in for lunch. It was busy, staff was helpful, friendly and efficient. Salsa and chips were extraordinary. I had Chile Rellenos plate, husband had the Bear Plate; both were excellent with yummy green sauce and lots of cheese. I could eat here daily. Lots of locals were in during lunch, always a good sign!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We had a large group. Things started off good then went down hill fast. We got there 30 min before closing. Ordered our food. We ordered 2 large queso. They brought them our finally but we had run out of chips. We asked for more chips but they said it was to close to closing time. So no chips. How are you supposed to eat queso with no chips. Ordered a grilled ham and cheese. Came with mayo and veggies. When we asked for a new piece of bread because my son hates mayo she said I'll have them fix it. They quickly brought it back with the same bread just flipped over. So when you grabbed it there was a huge clump of mayo and lettuce on the bread. Crazy! They just flipped it over. Made it more obvious. Then the lady asked, since there is so many of yall can I add gratuity. SAY NO!!! SHE NEVER CAME BACK! she added almost $30 in gratuity! And stopped waiting on us! Also as a restaurant, if a customer comes in and is still there after closing time, you still have to wait on them and bring them food. Don't say we are closed now. Sorry. Hello we were there way before closing. Won't return. Very rude!