“Best catfish ever”

Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: The Riverstone Family Restaurant was originally opened and owned by Terry & Belinda Haley in 2004 and gave it its name and the reputation of having the very best food anywhere around. We share the same Rep at the Riverstone Lodge right next door.We truly do have the best of quality of food anywhere. We are from Mississippi and really, really know how to cook real southern food with many years exp. We are open year round 7 days a week serving breakfst, lunch & dinner.We have been licensed as a CERTIFIED ANGUS RESTAURANT serving only certified angus beef for all fresh beef items on menu. If your not aware, certified angus is now said to be better than "PRIME".Nothing but the best. Even our hamburgers are fresh Certified Angus. Hope to see you soon! Don't forget the fresh homemade Fried Green Tomatoes.
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Go for the friend catfish basket, was the best catfish I've ever had. Service was great too. A good place to eat if visiting Cades Cove.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Prices are wonderful and the food is great. Service was also good. They give you so much food, prepare to take a to-go box with you.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We went to this restaurant for breakfast on May 5, and the overall experience was very negative. We have eaten breakfast in the Smokies multiple times each year, and this was the worst morning meal that I can remember. We walked in the door at exactly 9:00, and my wife and I were seated quickly. The restaurant was busy, but there was plenty of staff. We ordered standard, simple meals from their menu. It was nearly 9:45 before our meals arrived. During that extended period, our waitress was not attentive - one coffee refill, no explanation about why the meals where taking so long. When the meals arrived, my wife received the wrong food. We both got biscuits with our meals. Butter is pretty standard at breakfast with biscuits, but we had to ask for it to be brought to our table. The biscuits themselves looked great, but they were completely raw in the middle and inedible. We mentioned that to our waitress, and she just smiled. Based on the food quality and the weak service, we would never go back to this restaurant.

2  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 14 May 2018

If you're in Townsend, you'll need to stop by this place, especially for breakfast! I always get the country ham breakfast which is delicious! Dinners are good too!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I have eaten here several times when I visit the area. It has always been for breakfast so I can't review the other meals. Breakfast is great- especially the pancakes- my favorite. Only complaint is that the coffee is weak for my taste. Will continue to return.