All reviews indoor pool family suite keurig coffee maker cades cove looked decent half marathon outdoor movie different occasions new owners place to sleep nice grounds fox den rehearsal dinner flat screen hot tub staff was friendly and helpful walking path
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for our group during the Great Smokey Mountain Half-Marathon. The location was nice though a little far to walk to the festivities.

The Pros:
Large Rooms with a sitting area
3 pools one indoor and 2 outdoor
Large Grounds
Very nice office and housekeeping staff

The negatives:
Basic furnishings
Bathrooms are awkward/small in size and badly need a Reno
The ac unit is really bad/noisy and will bother you if you are a light sleeper

Sadly, the former owner passed away and the resort has been sold. Hopefully the new owners will renovate the resort quickly! We have decided to book a cabin instead for next year.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I will say I was a little disappointed overall with our stay over the weekend; just due to the cost verses value. Here are some positives: we were in a building where the interior had been remodeled, but they were still working on the exterior, our room was clean, the beds were very comfortable. Liked the new decor. Grounds were pretty, enjoyed the pools. The negatives: the vanity in the bathroom is too small but there is room to increase the size several inches ro improve, not sure why hotels do not have good shower heads they could cut down on water use by having adjustable ones. We were gone all day and our room was never cleaned. Someone did come the next morning when we were getting ready to leave to gather linens??? Also not sure the pool was cleaned while we were there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This place is neat! A walking path meanders throughout the property, taking you to all three saltwater pools and jacuzzi, a playground and outdoor theatre. The room itself was very clean, with a keurig-style coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave. The two queen beds were very comfy and had plenty of pillows. The balcony is shared with a neighboring room, with a wooden partition to separate you. The linens were great for an older property; the toiletries were nice-Bath&Body Works brand. The AC was a bit loud, but we always bring our fan anyway for white noise, so it wasn’t an issue for us. The front desk folks were so nice and accommodating. They recommended great places to eat when I asked, and also provided extra toiletries because I left some of my things back at home. This is a great older property with lots of charm and character. So glad we stayed here!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2018

A Lovely experience for out-of-towners to gather for a family/friends wedding. Accomodation is very good and it
was convenient to be close to the Venue!. The rehearsal dinner was in their dinning hall and the food was outstaning! A very relaxing place for all!

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

First of all we booked this last minute for Spring Break getaway. So keep that in mind for the rest of my review. It looked decent, had family suites that sleep 5 and was affordable. We we're in building #5

First the good:
- It was affordable only about $140/night for Spring Break for a family suite.
- The town of Towsend is a nice place away from the crazy crowds and traffic of Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge. And is close to Cade's Cove
- Most of the room was updated and modern. flat screen TV's in both rooms. Expect for a few things. See below
- Grounds were nice and balcony had a good view
- Wifi was good. No issues

Now the bad things that did out way the good:

- Biggest problem I had was the lack of dead bolt locks on the doors. They only have just the key card lock. For me this is a security risk, especially for a hotel that has outside corridors and backs up to a public road.
- The sleeper sofa is THE WORST I have ever slept on. It was completely broken and busted. I understand that sleeper sofas are inherintly not comfortable. But I have slept in many hotel sleeper sofa over the years. I even sleep on one most nights at my own home (long story). But this thing was not even remotely comfortable. It would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor.
- The bathroom was old and dirty. They clearly did not invest to fully remodel the entire room. They did the living and sleeping areas, but not the bathrooms. They are straight out of 1983. And when we arrived the floor was dirty. Taking a shower was not a pleasant experience for us.
- The microwave was very old and rusty. Not sure if it worked or not. We did not want to even try.
- Housekeeping was spotty at best. Like I said bathroom was dirty on arrival. We did get all the towels and things replaced each morning. However, on our last day we were leaving in the morning and noticed a housekeeping cart just sitting out on the corner of the second floor by the outside railing. When we came back that evening at 10pm it was still just sitting out in same place. It had clean towel, sheets , etc just sitting out bin the elements all day and night.
- The sleeping area had one single tiny table lamp for the entire room. Could not see to do anything in there.

Side note - Unless you want to haul your luggage up and down a flight of stairs request a first floor room as their are no elevators or luggage carts. However, with no dead bolt locks a first floor room may not be a good option either.

If they did a couple small things and then update the bathrooms then this place could be a hidden gem. But they are not there yet.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family