“Love the decor”

Asuka Hibachi and Buffet
Ranked #96 of 173 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I was first impressed with the decor. It is very calming and simple. It's a very peaceful place to dine. All the music was from the 1970's. Nothing loud or fast paced.

The buffet is well laid out. I didn't try the Mongolian grill option, only the buffet.

My husband alwasy judges a restaurant by their wonton soup. He said the soup on the buffet was close to perfection. The wontons were firm and the broth tasty.

The fried rice has excellent flavor and texture. The crab rangoon was the best I've tasted in a long time. It was the perfect combination of crab and cream cheese flavors. The wrappers were nice and crispy.

I had a sampling of chicken and pork and all were delicious. I like my General Tso chicken spicy and theirs was just the right amout of heat.

The lunch tab came to just over $20 for the two of us. A little more pricy that other Asian restaurants in the area but not enough to really make price a decision maker.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We come here often on Sundays after church and it's excellent, any other time it's been average at best. Timing is everything

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Regular here. Good food atmosphere and service. Something for everyone. Variety in food choices plenty of seating for large groups.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 8oclock on a Sunday 2 hrs from closing and they did not replace empty selections. Worst Chinese buffet experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

When it first opened it was very good. But lately the food has been okay at best. Sometimes the food is only slightly warm and they don't change up a whole lot, which basically means you're eating the same thing every time you go. I guess I expect a bit too much for a buffet...like very warm food and not something like I'm eating leftovers.

Been to Asuka Hibachi and Buffet? Share your experiences!