“Found a bug in my food”
Review of New China Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New China Buffet
Ranked #43 of 68 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

There was a dead roach in my ice cream. When I showed them they said that they will throw it away and give me another bowl of ice cream.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We have enjoyed this restaurant for years. The buffet is really good, and they offer lots of choices. The restaurant is clean and the service is good/friendly.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch solo. There were numerous choices Chinese plus some American favorites plus a stir fry bar and ice cream gallons with a number of choices available. The sauces on the Chinese dishes were too "heavy" for me but almost all seats were taken so everyone's tastes are different. The restaurant was clean and nicely decorated.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Ate here did not really like it. The food was not that warm. Never got a refill on my tea when it was all. The service wasn't good they never took our plates away it was like they forgot that we were even there. I will never eat here again.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

The service here is always very pleasant and fast. We do like the food which keeps us going back. Sometimes the trays are almost empty but it usually doesn't take too long for them to replace with fresh. We have eaten there a half dozen times and have only seen a chef at the hibachi grill twice. There is ice cream and sherbet but, since it is self serve, the tubs sometimes look pretty disgusting with people dipping the same scooper in different flavors without rinsing it off in between.