“Friendly people and great food”

Sassafras Baking Co. Bakery Deli Amish Goods
Ranked #30 of 204 Restaurants in Sevierville
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Description: We are a bakery, deli store with a variety of Amish goods consisting of jams, jellies, relishes, pickled products, meats, cheeses, snacks and other items from the Amish. We have several types of meats and cheeses for you deli sandwiches as well as sides of pasta or potato salad or soup.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We searched for a "real" bakery in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area and after wading through doughnut shops and various posers, came across Sassafras as a place to try. You know it's a real bakery when you walk in the door and there's fresh bread on a rack and cases of pastries and cakes. We came by in the morning for a small bite before biking and found the pastries fresh and tasty. A new pot of coffee was started just for us. We were curious about the cheesecake cookie and were promptly offered a taste.
My wife and I returned after our bike trip to pick up a couple of slices of quiche to go. The spinach w/feta and veggie w/swiss were both great.
If you're tired of looking for food while fighting the traffic through Pigeon Forge, head slightly north then west into Sevierville and look for Sassafras Bakery. If their food doesn't get you, their hospitality will.

3  Thank SuwaneeCard

Reviewed 5 June 2017

very nice area where this shop is. its so nice to walk around here, and go inside for some unique ides. enjoy it!!

Reviewed 14 May 2017

We just happened to see this bakery, when looking for another. We gave it a shot and were glad we did. It is not an "impressive" looking place, but looks can be deceiving. The pastry is DELICIOUS. They are more interested in taste than presentation, and that is fine. The proprietors are friendly the prices are reasonable. They also have deli sandwhiches and the day we were there, they had a full room. I had a Napoleon Pastry, and a "Buckeye" and my Wife had some Cinnamon and Raisin and Nut bread, which after tasting just a bite, gave her a huge smile! We can highly recommend the Sassafras Baking Co.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by here for lunch with the family. We were so impressed with how friendly the staff were. The sandwiches were delicious and made with homemade bread - some of the best we've ever tasted. The desserts were out of this world. Don't miss the brown butter cookies -amazing - we bought two dozen to take home. A definite 5 star for lunch.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

I am driving back from Johnson City, Tn and my 6 year is whining in the back seat. "I am so hungry can we eat at PILOT. I explain to my kid that Pilot is a gas station and that we will not be eating there. "Then can we eat at Krystal or Wendys?" No! You see, when you are on vacation there is a rule that you should not eat at any place you know you can eat at back home. My wife suggests we eat in Sevierville due to the better selection of places. I actually pulled over to get on the tripadvisor app and found Sassafras Bakery and Deli. We have had a lot of success lately with mom and pop places so I decided to take a chance. We were close and hungry. The decor here is simple, but not really the purpose of the visit. The sandwich! My child wanted a pizza roll. I should note that the kid choices were on an orange star on the menu board, kind of small to see. I almost missed it and otherwise would have ordered her a signature sandwich. But she loved it so we were happy with that choice. The child subs come with chips, which she did not get. But, we didn't make it an issue as our kid didn't need the chips. Still, you should be on top of things like that. My wife ordered a chicken salad on rye. The bread here is why this place is special. Everything is very fresh and the bread compliments anything between its layers. I had the "Legend". Roast beef, banana peppers, and other tasty members on their signature white bread. I have eaten a LOT of sandwiches and could possibly live off of Publix Deli Subs, but this place really has great tasting FRESH choices. I asked for potato salad too , but they must have forgotten it even though I heard mom tell pop to put it with my sandwich. No big deal. It wasn't on the check, so I didn't speak up. The sandwich alone was enough to satisfy me for lunch. The place is worth visiting, check them out.

1  Thank Kenneth B