“A Ghost Hunt Weekend”
Review of Thomas House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red Boiling Springs
Thomas House
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We were there on one of the ghost hunt weekends and we had a really good time. The Thomas House is an historic, old, unique hotel in the historic little town of Red Boiling Springs, Tennessee. The rooms are decorated in period furniture, but it is comfortable. The food was good and the ghost hunt was fun. Chad Morin and his crew came prepared and were interesting ghost guides. Neither Gale nor I saw any ghosts this time, but we are pretty sure there were a couple watching. Nothing scary.

Room Tip: I would bot choose the "queen" room or any others downstairs. All the upstairs rooms seem...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We were there on one of the ghost hunt weekends and we had a blast. The only thing I wish they had is soda for sale I would have loved to have a DP. They have a soda machine but it was out of order. Cherry is a great hostess and sweet as can be. We will be back soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came from NJ to attend the Ghost Hunt Weekend event and we are glad we did. The Thomas House is old and creepy but in a antique-y sort of way. The entire building has items of all kinds (dolls, dishes, decorations and nicknacks of every kind. It's a little overwhelming but I think it adds to the eerie feeling. The ghost hunt event itself was wonderful. Chad and Felix ran the event and while we didn't get much activity, we learned a ton and had a lot of fun. Daryl cooked an amazing dinner of fried chicken with biscuits, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, fried apples and peach cobbler. The food is out of this world. Unfortunately we left a little early because we had to start our journey back to NJ so we did not get to eat breakfast. But I'm hoping we will definitely visit again because we still have more investigating to do!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Had a wonderful visit at the Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs, TN. The place is full of lovely antics and the atmosphere is great. I really enjoyed the hospitality and awesome food. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: The Suite has a king size bed and it very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I've been going to the Thomas House since 2009, and each visit has been memorable. The peaceful acreage is a beautiful backdrop for a hotel with lots of history and even more nostalgia. The place is filled with beautiful antiques, and each room has a unique theme and color scheme. It's definitely a juxtaposition to stay in the Jungle themed room and walk out into a hallway that puts any horror movie setting to shame, but it's all part of the charm. The place was built in 1924, so be prepared for squeaky floors and musty odors. To me, that is just part of the ambiance. I should mention that the place is DEFINITELY haunted. I have had a number of personal experiences, and if that sort of thing freaks you out then you might want to just visit during the day and enjoy the delicious country cooking (they have an on-going Sunday buffet) Expect homemade biscuits, country ham, turkey, fried chicken and all the fixins. The Coles - the family who own and run the B&B - are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They are hospitable and are all wonderful story-tellers (ask about the different types of waters in the town or the ghosts if you're brave)!

Room Tip: Room 16 and Room 37 are the scariest- if you're into that sort of thing!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Been to Thomas House? Share your experiences!