All reviews ghost hunting ghost hunt weekends paranormal investigation country ham homemade biscuits southern home cooking no doubt midnight snack off the beaten path fried chicken can't wait to go back chad history hallway morin blast cherry
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We were there on one of the ghost hunt weekends and we had a blast. The only thing I wish they had is soda for sale I would have loved to have a DP. They have a soda machine but it was out of order. Cherry is a great hostess and sweet as can be. We will be back soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came from NJ to attend the Ghost Hunt Weekend event and we are glad we did. The Thomas House is old and creepy but in a antique-y sort of way. The entire building has items of all kinds (dolls, dishes, decorations and nicknacks of every kind. It's a little overwhelming but I think it adds to the eerie feeling. The ghost hunt event itself was wonderful. Chad and Felix ran the event and while we didn't get much activity, we learned a ton and had a lot of fun. Daryl cooked an amazing dinner of fried chicken with biscuits, mashed potatoes & gravy, green beans, fried apples and peach cobbler. The food is out of this world. Unfortunately we left a little early because we had to start our journey back to NJ so we did not get to eat breakfast. But I'm hoping we will definitely visit again because we still have more investigating to do!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Had a wonderful visit at the Thomas House in Red Boiling Springs, TN. The place is full of lovely antics and the atmosphere is great. I really enjoyed the hospitality and awesome food. I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: The Suite has a king size bed and it very comfortable.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2017

I've been going to the Thomas House since 2009, and each visit has been memorable. The peaceful acreage is a beautiful backdrop for a hotel with lots of history and even more nostalgia. The place is filled with beautiful antiques, and each room has a unique theme and color scheme. It's definitely a juxtaposition to stay in the Jungle themed room and walk out into a hallway that puts any horror movie setting to shame, but it's all part of the charm. The place was built in 1924, so be prepared for squeaky floors and musty odors. To me, that is just part of the ambiance. I should mention that the place is DEFINITELY haunted. I have had a number of personal experiences, and if that sort of thing freaks you out then you might want to just visit during the day and enjoy the delicious country cooking (they have an on-going Sunday buffet) Expect homemade biscuits, country ham, turkey, fried chicken and all the fixins. The Coles - the family who own and run the B&B - are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They are hospitable and are all wonderful story-tellers (ask about the different types of waters in the town or the ghosts if you're brave)!

Room Tip: Room 16 and Room 37 are the scariest- if you're into that sort of thing!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I went with a dear friend that had enjoyed the quirkiness of the rooms, she had already warned about the place, that the bathrooms were not very pleasant. I was ok with that. Here is how my visit went: When you walk into the place we smelt gas, like natural gas. checked in. My room was decent. the bathroom I was already prepared for. Dinner was at 7. So basically we starved until then. Actually getting snacks out of our car to eat until dinner was served. The delay was because of a water leak upstairs, near my room. They were unable to fix the water leak that night. So my friends room did not have a flushable toilet or a shower to use. The dinner was good and the show was corny but funny. I enjoyed it. So when it was time to go to bed. All you could hear is people talking and laughing. They were actually downstairs. They kept me awake almost all night it seems. I woke up, so tired. Breakfast was good. they were nice. That is when I found out a couple staying there actually drove down to the dollar store, bought a box fan to drown out the noise so they could sleep. So after my friends left I thought I could lay down and take a nap since I was so tired. NO. They decided to work on the pipes again. finally got it fixed. Then a couple of visitors decided to start singing. Loudly. then they turned on the TV, which was in the TV room. It was so loud I could hear every word of what was on there. I took that in stride. no sleep...no nap. exhausted. I then got cleaned up. Went outside on the balcony porch, and still could hear the TV blaring. I ended up going downstairs, outside. Trying to relax. After they got done watching TV, I went to my room again. In hopes for some relaxation. Well around 5pm, the kids started running up and down the hall. screaming, running and laughing. That was the last straw! I packed up all of my stuff, went downstairs to check out, I said "I just can't take all this noise any more." Inquired about refunding my night rate, that I was not staying and they dear lady said she could not do that. So I paid for a room, did not get any rest. Did a little ghost hunting. Had a cold shower, uncomfortable bed-too short.
Sad really because this is a family owned motel. The décor downstairs was beautiful, neat. I loved the quirky rooms. Sad that a place at one time was so beautiful, it would have been peaceful. Oh and being that it is so far out, there was no cell service either.

Room Tip: Come for the food and the show, but don't stay
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends