2,804 results
All reviewssweet teafree popcornwafflesfire pitwatching the duckslittle pigeon rivergreat place to stayevery eveningmellow mushroomeach morningclean roomsstaff was very friendlyrocking chairsoutdoor poolbreakfast barbreakfast was deliciousfirst floor
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay! Room was super clean, bed felt amazing. The staff was wonderful. Definitely will be coming back. The view is great. While checking out, I was handed a coupon that never expires. Also, when checking in I was handed coupons for different activities.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
SLSmith2016, Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

As Guest Service Manager I wanted to a take a moment of my time to thank you for your generous words regarding your stay. Taking time out of your day to tell others about your experience at the Inn will provide future guests an indisputable reference to find the best hotel in Pigeon Forge.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We had an excellent stay here. The front desk told us that the whole pigeon forge area was booked and I was worried that it would be noisy, crowded, and no breakfast food left. I was wrong. I slept wonderfully on their amazing beds and did not hear any noise, we went to the hot tub and we were by ourselves most of the time, and breakfast was amazing!!! The grits were the best I've ever had and there were strawberries and whip cream for the waffles and plenty of food. The fire pit was amazing!!! The bathroom was nice and updated with high granite countertops. Everyone was very nice and pleasant. Great place for the price!!!! Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

From the moment you are greeted by smiling faces at the front desk; to your carefully made beds. We, at the Inn On the River, attempt to make every aspect of your stay as carefree as possible. So, we want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here. We take great pride in being your home away from home in the Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This is an independently owned and operated establishment. I highly recommend The Inn On The River. I have nothing but praises for this place. From fast and friendly check in, room just as described and clean, complimentary full breakfast, 24 hour coffee, tea, hot chocolate as well as ice water and sweet tea. Popcorn from 7-10 p.m. Awesome and friendly housekeeping staff. Indoor and outdoor pool. Fast and friendly check out.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

As your home, away from home in the Smoky Mountains, we are pleased to hear about your recent stay with us at The Inn On the River. From the moment you check-in, until you have to leave us; our staff endeavors to make your time here as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. From our buffet breakfast to popcorn in the evening, we are happy you enjoyed your stay. And, greatly anticipate your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

This is an interesting place - in the same way that Pigeon Forge is an interesting place. I'm going to assume that anyone going to Pigeon Forge knows what they are getting into (if not do some research and think Myrtle Beach, Daytona Beach, Branson etc). So, when you travel to a city that is known for tourist stops like the wax museums and the worlds only salt and pepper museum, when you visit a city where there is a pancake house on every corner and no shortage of places to buy a funnel cake, well you should have an expectation as to the hotels you will find.

There isn't a five star hotel in Pigeon forge because... why would there be. Most of the properties are geared toward the Dollywood crowd. And there is nothing wrong with that - my point is simply that when you stay at a hotel in such a city you can't have Ritz Carlton expectations. You can't write a review complaining about the things that you would complain about if you were staying in Beverly Hills.

So, with that in mind, I thought this property was fine - setting my expectations to funnel cake I would say that it "met expectations."

There is in fact a river - on one side of the property. we were on the other side so we had a parking lot where the river should be. Here's a tip - rooms with balconies face the river. I thought the property was something like a mullet haircut - river on one side and truck stop on the other.

The hotel lobby is a bit of a hoedown most of the time. If you aren't sure what to picture, Google "hoedown" and click on videos and just watch any of them. I was there for two nights and both nights the lobby was packed to capacity with people playing games of Twister and Life, with guys with guitars and a dozen people having a sing-a-long, and with what I can only describe as something akin to a family reunion. It was quite a spectacle - always.

This property is loud - bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. There was lots of hallway noise notwithstanding some interesting brush material installed around the door edges. You'll hear what happens in the hallway and you'll hear sirens at night from the main drag which this property fronts.

The bedroom itself was fairly tight. The beds were okay. The bathroom was too tight for two people to get ready at the same time.

The A/C worked well and the wifi was also in good working order.

The property was generally clean - let's just say that the places that are easy to clean were clean.

Bottom line - how do you feel about funnel cakes? If you love them you will love this property. If you hate them then, well you should just skip Pigeon Forge.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank sbccc
SLSmith2016, Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

I apologize that you felt the cities of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg in “The Great Smokey Mountains” did not meet your expectations. Tennessee’s Great Smokey Mountains is proud to provide a safe, and affordable family vacation alternative.
Our hotel strives to help everyone feel at home while being away. We are happy to provide toy bags for children at check in, a game area for families, even toys in our indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Providing a premium laundry room on site for families takes less time away from their vacation which we opened just this past August. An outside patio and brand new fire pit over-looking The Little Pigeon River complete with rocking chairs, and tables are readily available for guests of all ages to relax and watch the stars, river, and water fowl are available to all guests. A full hot breakfast buffet is even offered at no cost during the stay, everything made fresh for our guests to enjoy inside or on the outdoor patio.
Our property is continually making upgrades to maintain and fulfill our guest’s needs. We are excited to see so many familiar faces time and time again. Our repeat guests have consistently praised our high standards, guest services, and Tennessee’s Great Smokey Mountains.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Awesome place , the room were comfortable and clean . Special the people that fix the awesome food in the morning love the oatmeal. coming back in May, 20017 Helen Keeton From Jasper Alabama God bless you all

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen K
SLSmith2016, Manager at The Inn On The River, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017