See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2015

This place is horrible and should be shut down. The rooms are filthy, staff is unfriendly and rude, animal fecal manner all over the parking lot. As far as room appliances go my microwave broke and I was told by the hotel staff that having a microwave in a room is just a convenience and if I wanted or needed one I should go out and buy one. Newport, TN is a extended stay Family Inn with signs up on the door to go to Best Western if you are not extended stay. Should have went there to start with. Further there were 2 of us staying in the room, we were given only 1 towel a piece which I found out if you want anything clean take it to the laundry mat yourself. Tried to get the floor vacuumed was told they do not offer any for guests to use. Requested that they vacuum the room with their vacuum cleaner and was told that they only clean the room when you check out. Also paid for my room weekly due to rudeness of staff (which I think was purposeful on their part because they charge almost $100 more for weekly rentals) I pre-paid for a week and was going to leave earlier then I previously thought, Come to find out never pre-pay they do not give refunds however, they watch the room like a hawk and tried to clean it and re-rent it before my time was up. And the list goes on and on. Over all I have to say that Family Inns of Newport gives the entire Family Inns a very bad reputation. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. I would rather sleep on the streets.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Marian E
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The only reason we stayed here is because every other hotel was completely booked for the night, and we had been in the car for 11 hours. This place is gross. After tax we paid $60 for a room that stinks has burnt spots all over the carpet. The bathroom light has a short in it, and beds that smell like urine. Also I believe the drunk men we met outside who yes were very friendly but I believe they live here. And after we finally all get laid down all of those men and others were yelling outside. I have stayed in worst hotels and I knew it wasn't going to be great, but we had 4 very sleepy kids. This place is so nasty. So unless you have to stay here DONT.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank AmandaC0610
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed at cosby highway in was there for a week. Empoyee asked if I had pain meds. Gave her a few. The day I left the pain meds was missing. I brought it to managers attion she went back to the house keeper and said I blamed them. But there wasn't butthree people that had keys me , manager, and house keeper that stayed and the property. I wouldn't stay there even if it was for free. They need new managment and workers. Thy have roaches and it is full of people that take pills. Its not safe for families with small kids. Cops where there 4 out of 7 days I was there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 78babygirl
Reviewed 11 January 2013

!st of all it is very nasty and i guess thats why they do a no refund policy. I went there a few nights ago and got a room and i always check the beds at any motel. When my sheets where all wrinkled and looked dirty as if they wasnt cleaned and just made and when I lifted the cover a few dirty napkins feel out and you could so tell that they had been used. SO GROSS. But I wasnt trying to really be a pain and w trying to be nice about it so I asked for different sheets and I do it myself. The girl at the front desk said she couldnt give my any and put us in a different room after she act like i was lieing about it. Well I went in the 2nd room and a quick look at the bed it looked better so I stayed. After really getting in the room i seen at leat a quarter of a inch of dust on the lamps, only got 6 channels to watch which is supposable cable tv, sink had coke splatters in it, bathroom floor had it looked like urine droppings on it, hair and dirt on the bathroom floor, hait in shower, and both rolls of toliet paper barely had any on it. You could only use the bathroom 2 times and where out.Needless to say we got up and left. We didnt stay cause it was so nasty and really upset me cause they have a so called no refund policy.I woud never recommend anyone to stay there..

Room Tip: My best tip would be to stay at motel 6 for 10 dollars more and so much cleaner and up to date.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We stayed here on our way home from the beach and it was the middle of the night and we were running out of options. We should have kept driving! The non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke, the room was run down, shower barely worked, washcloth was stained, toilet wouldn't flush, killed a roach-- you name it, it happened. On a good note, though, the employee said it had just been taken over by new management and they were trying to get it cleaned up. I hope they do!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family