“Nice low key for date night”

Mikado Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #874 of 2,217 Restaurants in Nashville
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

We went in for a date night. The food and entertainment is as good as a more expensive restaurant like this, but at a lesser price. Food was good. Service was good. It's a casual environment.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

We have been coming here since my son was 8 years old and he turned 18 yesterday and he was able to choose any restaurant he wanted and he chose Mikado's again this year. The absolute only thing negative I have to say is you do have to wait to be seated but that is the way a Japanese Hibachi Grill works. I never mind waiting because I always go to the bar and get the Mikado special which absolutely packs a punch and is so yummy. Each grill table area will fit 10 very comfortably and 12 total. Every course is delicious the soup is good, the salad is good, but the salad dressing is divine we always by a quart to take home. The filet and the jumbo shrimp is my favorite but the chicken and the sirloin is also very good. The vegetables are excellent and the rice is the best I have ever had. Both sauces they give you are excellent and you can get yum yum sauce if you just ask for it. They always give you Sherbert with a fortune cookie for dessert. Now this is not an inexpensive place to eat but the prices are better than most hibachi grills downtown. This is family owned and all the staff is excellent and very accommodating and friendly. Try this place you will not be sorry!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We always enjoy going here for dinner! The food is always so yummy and our cooks have always been so entertaining! Never a dull moment and laughs all around!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

The food was good, though nothing to write home about. It was a bit overpriced. Our Hibachi chef seemed a little out of it and all the other staff seemed very rushed. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the place did smell a bit and could have used a thorough cleaning...

1  Thank jiddins
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

I eat at Mikados Japanese Steakhouse every chance I get! I visit Nashville Tennessee every year from Puerto Rico and eat there 3 to 4 times each time! The staff are AMAZING and there is no other way to put it! The food is outrageously tasty and they give more than enough to fill! I even think I just tell my family that I'm coming to visit them so I can go eat at this fine establishment!
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU TO THE STAFF FOR MAKING THE EVENINGS THAT I'VE DINED THERE PRICELESS!!!

1  Thank levi27