2,605 results
All reviews lava lamp pillow menu pet fish beta fish close to the airport would stay again beds were comfortable live music opry mills nashville airport lounge robe shuttle interstate uber
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel is definitely unique in the way it looks (especially on the inside)...creepy but cool at the same time. A few minor disappointments: 1. there should complementary coffee/breakfast instead of beta fish and lava lamps. 2. The coffeemaker shouldn't be in the bathroom (pointed out by my 10 year old) 3. Nice offering with the organic coffee but that's canceled out by the tap water (which looks sort of soapy/discolored) .... all IMHO. Overall this hotel served its purpose provide my family and I a comfortable and safe place to sleep as we passed through to do a college visit for our oldest kid.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Hotel-Preston-TN, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Thanks for choosing us for your brief stay in Nashville, Kareem -- it was an absolute pleasure! We always strive to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible, so you can imagine how disappointed I was to see that you may not have felt that to be the case.

I'd love for you to give us another opportunity to show you just how great we truly are, and I know you will not be disappointed!

Good luck with the college visits!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Throwback vintage decor with splashes of the present day. Unique place with lots of random surprises. The dining was average, slow on the food coming out. However, the food was good. The beds were very comfortable and clean with lots of quality pillows. Live music on the weekdays at the Pink Slip Lounge. Loved this hotel experience!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad to hear it -- it was a real pleasure hosting you during your recent visit to Nashville! We always strive to give our guests the best possible experience, and it looks like we really hit that mark with you. We love being able to serve up such tasty dishes downstairs, so we couldn't be happier to see that you got the opportunity to try some of them for yourself -- I'm sorry for the slight delay, but thrilled to see that it did not greatly detract from your overall experience!

Until next time,

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Preston. For the price it is an excellent value. The hotel is super convenient to downtown and the Opry Mills area. The drawback is the lack of attention to detail evident on all the departments. For example, the check in process was beyond impersonal, the planter at the front entrance with cigarette and cigar butts, dog excrement on the sidewalk (for over 24 hours), lady bugs in the room, hvac was extremely loud (room 811), restaurant carpet (all of it) was littered with crumbs and debris. Despite the drawbacks I would stay here again because of the value.

Date of stay: January 2016

John, it's great to hear you enjoyed your stay, and thanks so much for your feedback -- I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind moving forward, and I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Nashville.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Hotel Preston was quiet and comfortable. We wanted to stay close to the airport and we were pleased we didn't hear any airport noise. Our shuttle to and from the airport was on time and the hotel staff and drivers were friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thanks so much for the review. I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Nashville.

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

Hotel Preston appears to have been recently remodeled, perhaps within the past few years. The 60s kitsch style is certainly cool. The hallways, carpets and vintage photos on the walls made me feel like I was staying at the hotel in The Shining, which was both creepy and kind of cool.

Alas, the remodel is nothing more than a trivial redress of an aging hotel. The floors were dirty. The beds were awful, like they were purchased in the 70s or 80s, and wore out at least 15 years ago. The pillows were flat and lifeless. Air didn't work all that well, either. The walls were paper thin and the shower temperature fluctuated based on toilet flushes. Worse, there were Asian lady beetles all over my room. I must have killed at least 20 of them during my one night stay. Disgusting!

I really, really loved the design of this hotel, but I couldn't help but walk away deeply disappointed, especially for the price. I paid $80 (which was about $50 off the standard rate), but felt like I got a $30-40 room, at best.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Hotel-Preston-TN, Manager at Hotel Preston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

We never want you to leave unsatisfied, so I'm glad you spoke up to let us know how your stay could have been improved. We're not the newest hotel in town, but we take pride both in our legacy and in maintaining the facilities -- I hate that you got any other impression. Your comfort comes first, and that means a clean, well-kept space that allows for you to get a great night's sleep. On top of that, bugs are inexcusable. I'll address every single thing you mentioned with my team immediately, and I assure you that we intend to grow from your suggestions.