Mountain Empire Motel(Mountain City)
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$68
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfamily stayingstayed herehotel motelstaff was very friendlyrooms are cleanplace to staywaffle makerone night staygravydressermotorcycleratesmattress
Reviewed 15 June 2017

A couple of friends and I were traveling to Boone for a tattooing event in March. Americourt had cheap rates and a pretty good rating and isn't too far outside of Boone so we booked a room. You're paying an average price for an average place - the Ritz Carlton, it ain't but it was cozy, the night manager was nice, rooms were clean, and breakfast was provided. The vibe is very comfy and lowkey - like you're staying over at your grandma's house: the interiors of the main hall are a little dated, the "business center" computer looked like a clunky desktop (but we didn't need it so I can't speak fully to that), and the breakfast was small but had a homey feel to it. Still, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfy so for one overnight stay, that was all we needed.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The staff was friendly for the most part however, the lack of technology ie. working business center to print and/or get any work doing while in the area forced me to have to go stay in nearby Boone. The decor is very dated and needs to be cleaned up. Looking over the staircase to the furniture below was disturbing seeing all of the built up dust and the ceiling fans were beyond explanation the cigarette smell is awful. Its a shame that Mtn City cannot kick it up a notch and bring this hotel into the current time. The quilts and wall hangings as well as the uncomfortable beds is like going back in time...a dirty, unkept time. Much should be done to get this hotel up to standard. If visiting its worth the short drive to Boone to have a much better stay.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 7 February 2017

I stayed at the Americourt Hotel with my husband and daughter during a recent trip to Mountain City. Although it needs some updating, it was very clean and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and the staff was very friendly and very accommodating. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Due to a last minute funeral trip, my wife called and was told they, in fact, offered a funeral special. You definitely do not visit for the view: it is below road level with the side of the building facing that drop from 421. No valet carts - they had a couple small flip carts they were not eager to share: "You'll be a couple doors down from the back door and you can load straight down the hall." No security but no special login for the WIFI: signal was in and out. Huge channel selection on the TV. Shower and HVAC were loud but efficient. Odd electrical - both my wife and I use CPAP's so we each need plugin's: both plugs on my side were wired to the first switch into the room; the odd part was this switch also turned on the overhead light in the hallway, so using that plug would have meant a bright light through the night. {We brought alternate wiring with us.} Carpet not the cleanest, but the linens were. Drawer hardware was literally falling off the dresser. For a one-night stay, early the next morning the electronic keys no longer worked: this becomes a big deal when you need the key to get through that back door to pack the car. The manager was very accommodating when we requested extra pillows; he actually brought them to us himself. The mattress looked cheap but was surprisingly comfortable - no morning-after backaches. Surprising little breakfast bar: it was the frozen variety but at least they offered eggs, sausage, and biscuits, along with mill gravy, the usual bread items for toasting, and a waffle-maker. If you're into local news, they even provide a free copy of Mountain City's newspaper.

I didn't see Americourt as a tourist hotel any more than Mountain City is a tourist destination, but it is a reasonable stop-over. Knowing what to expect, if I had to be in town for an overnight again, I would use the Americourt.

Room Tip: Make sure they code your keys for the length of the stay.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I only live about 45 minutes from sight however I was helping a dear friend with her long awaited wedding.The wedding site was in Mountain City but with snow falling and temperature dropping I did not want to risk the drive to Boone. I would need to be in Mountain city in the morning and knew road conditions had potential to be treacherous. I dropped in to motel and was greeted warmly and secured a really nice room in minutes. I found the staff to be very professional and helpful.Others from the wedding party were staying there. We were allowed to use a conference room so the family could have private time I found the staff there to be some really nice caring folks and would recommend anyone to stay.

Stayed: January 2017