“Not a tourist hotel”

Americourt Hotel Mountain City
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mountain City
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Due to a last minute funeral trip, my wife called and was told they, in fact, offered a funeral special. You definitely do not visit for the view: it is below road level with the side of the building facing that drop from 421. No valet carts - they had a couple small flip carts they were not eager to share: "You'll be a couple doors down from the back door and you can load straight down the hall." No security but no special login for the WIFI: signal was in and out. Huge channel selection on the TV. Shower and HVAC were loud but efficient. Odd electrical - both my wife and I use CPAP's so we each need plugin's: both plugs on my side were wired to the first switch into the room; the odd part was this switch also turned on the overhead light in the hallway, so using that plug would have meant a bright light through the night. {We brought alternate wiring with us.} Carpet not the cleanest, but the linens were. Drawer hardware was literally falling off the dresser. For a one-night stay, early the next morning the electronic keys no longer worked: this becomes a big deal when you need the key to get through that back door to pack the car. The manager was very accommodating when we requested extra pillows; he actually brought them to us himself. The mattress looked cheap but was surprisingly comfortable - no morning-after backaches. Surprising little breakfast bar: it was the frozen variety but at least they offered eggs, sausage, and biscuits, along with mill gravy, the usual bread items for toasting, and a waffle-maker. If you're into local news, they even provide a free copy of Mountain City's newspaper.

I didn't see Americourt as a tourist hotel any more than Mountain City is a tourist destination, but it is a reasonable stop-over. Knowing what to expect, if I had to be in town for an overnight again, I would use the Americourt.

Room Tip: Make sure they code your keys for the length of the stay.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 January 2017

I only live about 45 minutes from sight however I was helping a dear friend with her long awaited wedding.The wedding site was in Mountain City but with snow falling and temperature dropping I did not want to risk the drive to Boone. I would need to be in Mountain city in the morning and knew road conditions had potential to be treacherous. I dropped in to motel and was greeted warmly and secured a really nice room in minutes. I found the staff to be very professional and helpful.Others from the wedding party were staying there. We were allowed to use a conference room so the family could have private time I found the staff there to be some really nice caring folks and would recommend anyone to stay.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank Christy B
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Staff friendly building needs repair breakfast was so so. Cheap yes . Room were cold when we got in. Had to turn heat on. Room had a smell to it. Cold in the hall ways going to room. They did have a pool. They had a fireplace in lobby was looking forward to it did not work

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

let me say this this was by far the best motel ive ever stayed at in my many travels including my military service the staff was excellent! the breakfast was outstanding rooms were very clean! also very quiet! I liked it so much that I booked another stay there for april 2017! id highly recemend this place to everyone! if your looking for a place for a week get away or to just a place to relax or a stop over this is the place! I'm garland hearl of Bristol va come stay with these people it will be worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank William H
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Went to a wedding and was looking for an affordable alternative to Boone. Very affordable and pet friendly! They worked with us and allows our Golden Retriever to stay! Beautiful area around the hotel, although remote. Rooms are what you would expect for the price but are by no means dirty. Perfect place for a one night stay and the staff is very nice!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
27.5 km away
Super 8 Boone NC
Super 8 Boone NC
#10 of 18 in Boone

Been to Americourt Hotel Mountain City? Share your experiences!