“In the middle of nowhere... Great food!!!”
Review of Sweet Lips Diner

Sweet Lips Diner
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Mosheim
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

We were on 81 South and it was pst lunch time... not much around so I checked TripAdvisor. Sweet Lips Diner has some good reviews so I told my husband we should stop. The old saying "You can't judge a book by its cover" applies here. The outside doesn't look like much and the inside reminded me of an old diner. The food was delicious. We had the cheeseburger and fries. While we were eating someone had the vegetable beef soup. I heard the owner say she cut the corn off the cob from corn she had put in the freezer from her garden. I told my husband, I'm getting that soup to take with us. We are camping and the thought of homemade soup was too tempting to pass. It was delicious. We also got some blackberry cobbler to go. Another win!!! Plus, the local people eating there make you feel like part of the community. Don't pass by the sweet lips diner!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

We saw the sign for the diner when coming off the Interstate, and have lucked into a number of very good "mom and pop" diners on our road trips. This was no exception and it is obviously popular with the locals. Our server was one of the family and she was very pleasant and efficient. They have an interesing menu and specials on the board by the door. The coffee was very good and I had the chicken livers and my wife had a cheeseburger and salsd. All were very good. They had a "Samoa Cake" which looked delicious so we took a piece with us and it really was delicious when we had it heated up later as she suggested.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped in late to have dinner and went to this restaurant because of the reviews. The reviews were warranted the food was delicious the staff was friendly and the portions were ample. I would recommend a stop at sweet lips any day.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while driving from Gatlinburg to Butler,Tn. Who could resist the name??!! :) Friendly staff greeted us when we entered. The menu had a little something for everyone and don't forget to check out the specials on the board hanging on the wall.(They also list their yummy sounding desserts which sadly we did not have room for :( There were 4 adults in our party and we all agreed that our meals were perfect! Meatloaf,fried okra,club sandwich (the first club I have ever had with actual chunks of ham and turkey, no lunch meat here! Yum Yum!!) No frills restaurant, its all about the food!(And very reasonably priced) Perfect place to stop if you are traveling through the area...(Don't forget to read the story of Sweet Lips on the back of the menu :)

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

The staff make you feel right at home and as if you are a regular! The food is good and prices are too! And the owner sings beautifully as an added bonus! Glad we made the stop...you'll be glad you did too!