All reviews nice quiet location foxtel channels microwave and toaster standard family room comfortable queen bed spa room games room discounted tickets the room was nice fresh air tea and coffee stayed one night sam sanctuary episode iron hosts
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel was quite dated. Beds were too soft for our liking. Otherwise for one night stay I guess pricing was still ok for four pax traveling together. Surrounding scenery was quiet and nice and could park the car right up to your unit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Gordon Ramsay would have a field day here! Overpriced for what you receive... out ensuite was dirty, room very basic and very very outdated! The whole place was in need of a revamp and freshen up! Foxtel wasn't working and our information book was for the wrong room (indicating the wrong Fire exit) A single bed was right next to the windows which we ended up shifting as I was worried of the cold coming through the windows and my child (being very restless) kicking the window!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

We booked at Sanctuary Resort to have a weekend with our young grandchildren. My wife and I have travelled extensively and always book direct so we can discuss our requirements direct with the Managers. We had a few things that we would like to have at the Resort and they seemed to have them all covered including a family unit with cooking facilities. Upon arrival the Staff were welcoming and we were shown to a separate unit at the front of the complex. The whole environment of the Resort is older style but as we went to Healesville Sanctuary immediately after checking in we did not understand how older style it was until we returned for the evening. The unit we were in was comfortable but very dated and in need of updating. Little things became irritating, such as the compendium in the room being very basic and disorganised; no explanation about TV channels or available Foxtel channels and programmes; no information about breakfasts. The cooking hotplates and oven were very dated and made cooking difficult. Basic facilities and tired and overused plates and utensils.Then after cooking we find that there is no washing up liquid or scouring pad to enable cleaning up. When we decided to go to bed we find that the cords for the electric blankets are tied up under the mattresses. Couldn't they be plugged in and ready for use? Especially in this area where it gets very cold at night! Next morning we go down to the games room. Table tennis table is unusable as it is covered with sheets and blankets. Had to go to reception to ask for the ball for the soccer game and it was missing a hand grip. Went for a walk around the grounds with our grandkids and had to be very careful as the paths were untended and slippery.
For the amount we paid I expected better attention to detail. We can accept older style accommodation if it is well looked after, comfortable and has all the little things covered.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Geoff T
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Spent a night in a Standard Family Room (rated as 3.5 star and $125 per night) with my 13 year old daughter. On arrival we were met buy the manager, who was quietly spoken and very friendly.

The room was clean and neat albeit very small. It consisted of a comfortable queen bed and a single bed with a bedside table for each. There was one bedside lamp on the middle bedside table between the two beds. This was a little inconvenient as my daughter wanted to hit the sack and I wanted to read for awhile. I had to move the light from one side of the queen bed to the other to accommodate. There was a fridge (it sounded a little like a 747 taking off when it was running....but that's not unusual in a confined space), a set of drawers, a microwave and a TV (Foxtel didn't work) The room had a walk-in wardrobe that also contained a toaster, kettle and iron, sitting on a low bench (I would suggest that the low bench was originally designed as a place to put your suitcase....a little strange setup really). The ensuite was clean; the shower hot and strong.

I would describe the outward appearance of the buildings as a little tired and in need of a high pressure spray clean at least, if not a 'lick of paint'. Whilst my daughter has grown up past the need of a playground, we noted that it was a substantial one. unfortunately, the play-gym was fairly filthy; covered with slim (that high-pressure spray would have done the trick again). We had a walk around the grounds and whilst the walk was pleasant, we felt that they too could have done with a bit of a tidy-up.

Unfortunately, the restaurant was not available to us because they had a fundraiser booked in for the evening.

We had a continental breakfast ($12 each) consisting of a selection of cereals, juices, toast and spreads and tea or coffee.

All in all, I can comfortably recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

On the plus side the bed was not too bad, the sheets and towels were clean and the shower had hot water.
On the minus side the room was small, cramped even, dirty with dust on every surface - the phone was filthy. The beds were made up with horrible old blankets that gave off an odour of stale sweat. The walls were paper thin and the people in the next room talked loudly till 2am.
Sorry to be so harsh but having stayed in 12 different hotels in Australia over the last few weeks including several at the same price $135 or cheaper this place was just unacceptable ( stayed in a beautiful motel in the same area the night before for the same money)

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family