“Kid friendly ??????”

Mocha and Lime
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family owned and run. Everything home made and healthy. Allergy and vegan friendly. Great for kids. Local beer and cider. Seasonal menu with local, ethically sourced produce.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Picked this cafe after visiting the sanctuary . Only as reviews showed kid friendly. I guess it's kid friendly because it's not pretentious . But I couldn't say they are welcomed. Didn't see a high chair, pencils and paper, toys or a kid friendly staff member. The prices are slightly above average. Pretty stingy serves. I don't know why fries/chips aren't available? Perhaps safety? If it's for healthy options. I don't get it. Packet potato chips and packet corn chips would be fried, coloured, salted and have preservatives. Excessive packaging too. Less environmentally friendly. We gave it a go. Won't be back.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Whenever we are in Healesville (my wife comes from there) this place is a must for their excellent coffees and breakfasts. As vegans we find it quite easily to eat and drink here, even though there could be a few more options available.
One of the few times we went there I ordered avocado on toast, but there were no more avocados available: which is a positive to me as it shows that they use fresh produce and don't overstock (I HATE WASTE!), so I was happy to hear that :-)
Back in Switzerland now... and already dreaming of going back there for brekkie.
The service is really good and the atmosphere is very relaxed. Not really cheap, but not expensive either.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Marco R
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Mocha and Lime has never failed to serve the best breakfast and lunch in town, using fresh and local ingredients where possible.
You pay and take your own cutlery and table number at the counter first. Their menu contains classic breakfast dishes plus special of the week, be it burger , soup or warm salad , which varies all the time. Their Dandelion latte is delicious if you are not keen on caffeine.
With many books magazine and some kids toys. This is always a favourite spot for families with kids. And they also have guest musicians play on weekends. Great spot for a wide range of customers, well worth a visit when in town!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

With its hugely warm-hearted service and general good vibe, this place feels like the real hub of Healesville. Plenty of shiny and soulless cafes and eateries in the town but if you want something more sincere, go here. Outstanding coffee, food and chilled atmosphere.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Mocha is our favourite place to go for many reasons. As 2 of us are gluten free, there’s a delicious range for us with most menu items gluten free, from salad to soup to burgers and scones! The staff even remind me when I occasionally forget to ask for gluten-free.

Secondly the atmosphere is relaxed and comfy with couches and a low-key chilled out ambience. Many locals come here very regularly.

Finally the staff here are extremely friendly and lovely people. What more could you want! Oh and top notch coffee, turmeric lattes and a wide range of child friendly choices too. We love you Mocha!