“Budget motel”

Maroondah View Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Healesville
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

When we pulled up after booking online I must admit I panicked.
Outside it is very rundown- very!!
When checking in reception a child passed me a key and that was it.
Room was cleanish but there was no top sheet or blanket, only duvet which I have never come across. Pillows and beds were hard and uncomfortable.New balcony has been built but not private as stated. Views are spectacular though.
Pool was unavailable which annoyed the kids especially since it is January. Water gurgled in shower when using the basin and vice-versa. After reading previous posts I think they are slowly improving the place but lots more required.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RoosRno1

Reviewed 19 November 2016

We stayed at this Motel before and we were upgraded . On this visit for two nights I booked and paid for the type of room we had had previously. To our horror we were given a basic room -No 3 -( but had paid for the De Luxe ) . We had no- where to hang our clothes, no wardrobe. The only place we could put our suitcases was on the floor ,so had to step over them to get around the room. The room was supposed to have a microwave ,it did not so I had to ask for it .The Receptionist informed me I had only paid for the basic room , I had not and had the paper work to prove it.. I would have left but had pre-paid so for other people make sure you get what you have booked and paid for .We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are near the Office, also the Wi Fi is weak in the other rooms further down as we f...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Willison
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stopped in for one night. Very peaceful setting with great views from the rooms. Room was simple but very comfortable and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend for anyone on a budget

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aidan H
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Comfy bed, lovely hosts. Bathroom well appointed clearly recently renovated. Lovely and clean a good straight forward room for a reasonable price. A short 5 min drive for food and everything else town had to offer.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We were in unit 5, which was clean and had a comfortable queen bed.
HOWEVER, we found several problems.
1. The aircon was so noisy that we had to switch it off at night.
2. There was no soap dish in the shower.
3. The bathroom vanity had a drawer without a handle (it was inside the drawer).
4. The brochure stated that laundry facilities were available for guests - they were not. Luckily there is a laundrette down in town.
5. The brochure stated that there was an iron and an ironing board in each room. There wasn't. After an argument one was provided'
6. There were no cooking facilities in the room except a toaster. Apparently a microwave could be hired as an extra.
7. I asked about advertised breakfast and was told that "we don't do food". This was expanded into "the dining room is being renovated", even though I could see a set up dining area behind the office.
8. We were supposed to be able to borrow books from the library. This was declined without explanation.
9. Communication was difficult at times when the desk was manned by a gentleman who had very limited English.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwijock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healesville
3.6 km away
23.3 km away
Yarra Valley Lodge
Yarra Valley Lodge
#1 of 1 in Chirnside Park

Been to Maroondah View Motel? Share your experiences!