See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 November 2016

We stayed at this Motel before and we were upgraded . On this visit for two nights I booked and paid for the type of room we had had previously. To our horror we were given a basic room -No 3 -( but had paid for the De Luxe ) . We had no- where to hang our clothes, no wardrobe. The only place we could put our suitcases was on the floor ,so had to step over them to get around the room. The room was supposed to have a microwave ,it did not so I had to ask for it .The Receptionist informed me I had only paid for the basic room , I had not and had the paper work to prove it.. I would have left but had pre-paid so for other people make sure you get what you have booked and paid for .We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: The best rooms are near the Office, also the Wi Fi is weak in the other rooms further down as we found out
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Willison
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stopped in for one night. Very peaceful setting with great views from the rooms. Room was simple but very comfortable and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend for anyone on a budget

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Aidan H
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Comfy bed, lovely hosts. Bathroom well appointed clearly recently renovated. Lovely and clean a good straight forward room for a reasonable price. A short 5 min drive for food and everything else town had to offer.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We were in unit 5, which was clean and had a comfortable queen bed.
HOWEVER, we found several problems.
1. The aircon was so noisy that we had to switch it off at night.
2. There was no soap dish in the shower.
3. The bathroom vanity had a drawer without a handle (it was inside the drawer).
4. The brochure stated that laundry facilities were available for guests - they were not. Luckily there is a laundrette down in town.
5. The brochure stated that there was an iron and an ironing board in each room. There wasn't. After an argument one was provided'
6. There were no cooking facilities in the room except a toaster. Apparently a microwave could be hired as an extra.
7. I asked about advertised breakfast and was told that "we don't do food". This was expanded into "the dining room is being renovated", even though I could see a set up dining area behind the office.
8. We were supposed to be able to borrow books from the library. This was declined without explanation.
9. Communication was difficult at times when the desk was manned by a gentleman who had very limited English.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwijock
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

We went to lake mountain for snow and stayed maroondah view motel over night. The room was good size for family - with a baby. My son was able to see through the window the birds, chicken, dog and mountain. He loved it a lot!! The price was also good as we had good deal from Vivian thanks again Vivian :)
The heater was bit of problem but other than that it was lovely place to stay. We tried to go to the swimming pool but it was closed as i tuink due to the weather. The dog was really good to see as my son loves the dogs.
Close to everything and view was really good!
I would love to visit again lake mountain and stay in the same place!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family