All reviews quiet location would stay again short stay stayed for one night the owner manager pressure wedding cafes function
Reviewed 23 January 2018

A pleasant place to break our journey on the way home from a golf tournament. The motel met all our requirements and staff gave good pointers to local attractions. We would happily overnight here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and away from main roads
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We booked a family room for an overnight stay on Saturday after a wedding in Macedon. The manager was very lovely, friendly & helpful. The room was large & comfortable, dated but spotlessly clean. The beds are firm and parking is easy. There was a function next door to the family room but the walls are brick & must be very thick as the sound was muted & didn’t disturb us at all. Lovely cafes are a very short drive away.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We had two nights due to a wedding close by. I couldn't recommend a long stay. The best thing we discovered was a decent size HD TV, I find it annoying that so many places have old, small SD TVs so you obviously can't watch any HD stations. It's as other reviews say, old, dated, needs some TLC and up dating. The parking is awkward if you get rooms 6 or 7 due to the way the buildings are situated. But it's clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The office was closed when we left otherwise I would have advised that the air-conditioning needs a clean in that room as it's blowing out dust that lands all over the basin and who knows where else.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the way to Echuca and couldn’t believe how clean this place was. I’ve never seen a motel like this with such a spotless bathroom and bedroom.

It’s a typical roadside motel but it is kept beautifully. The beds were comfy and staff super helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Had 1 night in Gisborne due to a family commitment, the owner/Manager was very welcoming, although very hard to understand (I couldn't pick his nationality), pulling up to park out the front of the room I couldn't help but notice the untidy gardens and grass areas, including weeds throughout the concrete......The room is old and took a while to heat up, it was clean but very outdated .... The bed was hard and pillows were soft and fluffy, not my liking.
Was very quiet during the night which is a bonus.
The shower and toilet again very outdated, but the shower was FANTASTIC .... The pressure and heat was great.
For the price it was, one night was good.
I understand there is only 2 motels in Gisborne this one and then $200+ a night. I may next time look at the other if there for more than 1 night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple