All reviewsquiet locationwould stay againshort staystayed for one nightthe owner managerpressureweddingcafesfunction
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night on the way to Echuca and couldn’t believe how clean this place was. I’ve never seen a motel like this with such a spotless bathroom and bedroom.

It’s a typical roadside motel but it is kept beautifully. The beds were comfy and staff super helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Had 1 night in Gisborne due to a family commitment, the owner/Manager was very welcoming, although very hard to understand (I couldn't pick his nationality), pulling up to park out the front of the room I couldn't help but notice the untidy gardens and grass areas, including weeds throughout the concrete......The room is old and took a while to heat up, it was clean but very outdated .... The bed was hard and pillows were soft and fluffy, not my liking.
Was very quiet during the night which is a bonus.
The shower and toilet again very outdated, but the shower was FANTASTIC .... The pressure and heat was great.
For the price it was, one night was good.
I understand there is only 2 motels in Gisborne this one and then $200+ a night. I may next time look at the other if there for more than 1 night.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew A
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Not many options in Gisborne. The place is aged and offers basic facilities. A review of the heating is overdue, perhaps it's the lack of maintenance of the filtering system that needs improvement. The heating was totally inadequate for this cold part of the world.
Road noise is also an issue. An OK motel, but not a good one.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I was travelling solo, manager was very nice and helpful to me. Room was perfect for me nice comfy bed, electric blanket, nice big tv with dvd player to watch movies. Good clean room, nice and quiet for a nice sleep. Close to main street for dinner/ lunch/ breakfast. Close to calder fwy easy to get home. Yes I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank GattaboutGal
Reviewed 23 April 2017

We travelled from Tullamarine Airport, arriving late, the owner did stay up for us. But the room was old, tired but clean. No breakfast available, but plenty of cafe's in the main street saved us. Also was hard to find the motel in the dark, signs on the main road are of no use, need to be renewed, as does some of the motel (bathroom, etc)

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple