“Unexpectedly nice”

The Boathouse Restaurant
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The iconic Boathouse Restaurant is Frankston's premiere dining destination. With an unpretentious menu based on fresh locally sourced produce, this eclectic restaurant boasts a lush, creek-side location at the gateway to the Mornington Peninsula. Recently refurbished to the highest standards, the restaurant is a popular favourite among locals and holiday makers. Whether you're looking for a romantic dinner, family get together, special occasion or wedding reception venue The Boathouse Restaurant is perfect for any occasion.
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t sure what to expect coming to this little house on Nepean hey backing on to kananook creek in Frankston. Had come highly recommended and we weren’t disappointed. Classy set up. Surprisingly good menu with excellent choices. I had the steak!
Top class restaurant. Excellent service.

1  Thank l0vethedrake

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We are from interstate and took the family out for dinner to the Boathouse mid week. Service was good if a little slow for replenishing drinks. My scallops were raw and I should have said something but my son ate them. He ate his too and they were also very undercooked. My pork belly was tough as old boots. Hubby said his steak was good. Daughter had calamari and loved it. Go there again? Probably not.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We took our father to the boathouse for his 83rd birthday, the experience was awful, he was sick for days. My dad and my son both had the same meal. Fish so over cooked, but the worst was the batter. My son said he couldn’t get the foul taste out of his mouth for hours. He also was crook. I emailed our disappointment. We still haven’t heard back. While we were there no one smiled or had any rapport with any of the diners. Very disappointed. I guess word of mouth is a powerful thing!!!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The Boathouse has always been my favourite restaurant in Frankston.
But a little disappointed on this visit. The entree (the sharing plate) very good, but my main (the pork belly) was cold and due to this the sauce was not very nice. I must say when I bought this up the staff quite happily reduced the price of the dish by half.
I still like the Boathouse, and due to a lack of quality restaurants in the area, would probably go back. Back I will use TripAdvisor to check to see if anything new comes up.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Lunched there recently and enjoyed interesting choices from the menu. Beautifully presented, interesting food. Good value. Great ambience inside or out on the deck area near the creek. Very good service.