“Dumpling heaven”
Review of Little Dumpling

Little Dumpling
Ranked #34 of 100 Restaurants in Croydon
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Booked at Little Dumpling for after movie dinner, unfortunately movie went longer than expected and we were 1hr late for booking and arrived at 9pm, closing time for Little Dumpling. The staff were absolutely lovely and welcomed us in, they cooked a beautiful dinner for us. The Dumplings were amazing and really nice braised beef and rice. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, were not pressured to leave and paid $45 for dinner for 3 people. Thank you staff at Little Dumpling for being so accommodating.

2  Thank HOtravels

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I suggested we try this place after walking past one night. I'm so glad we did we it is really nice.
Dumplings were fresh a delicious!! We all tried different dishes and all were beautiful. Highlights were the prawn main dish -Kung Pao prawns I think it was called.
They also offer takeaway.
Give it a try - if you like dumplings I'd recommend you pop in!

Reviewed 23 June 2016

This is a fairly humble little place with fantastic food.
I usually get a take away dish and some dumplings on a weekend. The kids love it, I love it, very quick and easy to park and prompt service.
I have travelled a lot in China, Hong Kong and Asia, this is a really authentic style of food.
Highly recommended and great value too.

1  Thank AJ911
Reviewed 9 March 2016

Went here for a quick bite with work colleagues, very small little restaurant, staff are lovely and friendly and the dumplings are great!
We will be returning for sure!

Reviewed 6 March 2016

Went here for dinner with another couple recently on a Saturday night. It's a very small venue with perhaps 10 tables, but it is neat and tidy with good solid furniture and a nice cosy atmosphere.

Upon entering with a bottle of wine I was told they didn't offer BYO, nor would wine be purchased as they don't have a liquor license. This is almost unheard of in a restaurant - if they had just opened in 2016 I suppose that would be understandable, but according to the Facebook page they opened in August 2015.

We started with the pork and spring onion layered flatbread which was unlike anything I'd ever seen in Asian cuisine. I had high hopes, but unfortunately it was just like oiled cardboard squashed in a sandwich press - devoid of flavour. Having 'dumpling' in the title, I thought perhaps the next course of dumplings would redeem, and our friends suggested the boiled pork and spring onion which they'd had before. Like the flatbread, they arrived quickly but were completely devoid of taste - just a gluggy mushy mess. I assumed "boiled" actually meant steamed, but this wasn't the case.

For mains we had Gong Bao chicken and the braised pork and potato. The chicken was sort of like the popular American-Asian dish, Kung Pao chicken, doused in chilli peppers and red oil. It was fairly tasteless and unappealing. But the braised pork was genuinely disgusting - fatty pieces of pork literally boiled in a tasteless gravy - this was the worst Asian dish I've ever tried in my life!

The cost for 4 people was around $50, and the restaurant closed at 9pm which I think is too early for a Saturday night. There was only 1 other couple in here between 8-9pm.

Would I return? Absolutely no way!

2  Thank Monkey1234567