“A gem in the country”

Green Tomato Grill
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Mooresburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Went for the first time with a couple of friends. Great and friendly service. The fried green tomatoes were perfect, crisp and tasty with a special dipping sauce. The chicken and dumplings had great flavor but little chicken. Fried okra was great, crispy not greasy. My friend's fried fish was very good. The side of broccoli and cheese very tasty, as was the fresh Cole slaw. I'll be back.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

We had heard about this restaurant from a few people and finally tried it...So glad we did...Wonderful food there was 3 in our group we had the fried green tomatoes the dipping sauce is what makes them delicious...then 2 of us had the cod platter broccoli casserole, fried okra which was perfect I don't know if they make their own tartar sauce but I really liked it...the other order was the Rocky Top Chicken it was perfect...we ended the meal with the snicker pie...it was so big we couldn't finish it and we also took to-go boxes of our fish...to sum it up great food, large portions and great price around $50 for all that...Christi was our server she did an excellent job

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Well worth the drive to this hole in the wall town! Everything is always fresh and WONDERFUL!!!! My husband, kids and I never leave disappointed!!!

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We arrived early and was glad we had, a full house with wait times 20 minutes behind us. Four of us dined with a difference of 3 meals. The catfish was hand breaded and tasted pan fried even though it was deep fried, home made fries were delicious, my wife liked her Mooresburg Chicken and the third plate featured roast beef that was fork cutting tender. We loved the thick fried green tomatoes and the strawberry short cake too. It was worth our 1 hour drive to get there and we will return. Next time I'm going to try the pork osso brosko.

1  Thank tactical
Reviewed 10 April 2016

This is the closest and most convenient full-service restaurant to our remote home, so we were thrilled to discover that it is well-managed, clean and very friendly. Our favorite server is Mark, but all of them are great. The food quality, service and prices are all good too. Well worth visiting.