“Great food & great service”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #5 of 25 Restaurants in Monteagle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped here to grab a bite while on a business road trip. Staff was friendly and polite. Food was served quickly, accurately and hot. Restaurant was clean and service was great. The cook even stopped by to make sure everything was as ordered. Would definitely recommend this one.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Food was OK. The wait staff was very friendly. The restaurant was a little bit older. Thought the price was a little high for the quality of food.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I live where there aren't any Waffle House resteraunts, so maybe I was expecting something different. The food was just ok. Nothing special about it other then you get to watch it be made. Over all I was sorta disappointed.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

When I was younger, I used to drive from Sarasota to Chicago in 19 hours without stopping overnight. It was the end of our Florida vacation and I wanted to get home as quickly as possible. Now I'm older retired and not in such a hurry. Instead, my wife and I take our time. We make two overnight stops, make time for breakfast, lunch and dinner and stop to visit historical sites or other tourist attractions. One of our favorite breakfast stops is Waffle House on Main Street in Monteagle, Tennessee, on top of a mountain northwest of Chattanooga. Waffle House has been in business since 1955 and has over 2,100 locations in 25 states, most in the South where the brand is a regional icon. So you know they know what they're doing. Like every Waffle House I've ever visited, the Monteagle location is a gathering spot for locals and truckers and travelers and everyone who loves a good, hot breakfast. My favorite is the All-Star Special, a blueberry waffle with two scrambled eggs, sausage, grits and toast. I never appreciated grits until I began eating the southern delicacy regularly at Waffle House. My wife usually opts for a pecan waffle with sausage and hash browns. No grits, please. The food is always hot and fresh, the service is always friendly (even to Yankees) and swift and the conversation always is civil. They love to talk college football in the South, especially the Tennessee Vols in Monteagle.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at Waffle Houses my entire life but had the biggest shock there today.
$14.31 for 2 eggs bacon toast hash browns and a coke + the tip. I don't consider myself a penny pincher as I eat out at least 15 times per week. Perhaps this one has a different price schedule from the ones I normally frequent.