All reviews clothes airer rooms overlook convenient location swimming pool room service bed was comfortable walking distance lodging
Reviewed 5 August 2018

As per other reviewer, I was appalled to find out that the Manager Maria would not waiver the cancellation fee (not even partial refund of accomodation cost) when Pinks concert was cancelled DESPITE being only 20 minutes after the cut off time. I would not recommend this hotel at all. Abysmal service.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Very upset with the way we have been treated when PINK cancelled her concert only just a few hours ago. We tried to cancel with Red Star Hotel, but we were told we were 20 MINUTES to late to cancel our booking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
Our booking agent also tried to no avail. The woman who spoke to would not budge. Quite unbelievable. A little bit of understanding would have been appreciated, especially as we are travelling all the way from Cairns.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lpjhfraser
Necoo5, General Manager at Red Star Hotel West Ryde, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

hi

in this situation, nothing much that we can do, as 24-hour Hotel cancellation policy is applied,

regards

Reviewed 9 July 2018

When I am bargain shopping for lodging, I really only require a shower, a bed, a roof over my head. The Red Star Hotel was that in a nutshell. Comfortable Bed, Great Price. A good base camp for my excursions and getaways. I was not shopping for luxury nor expecting it. I can give Red Star a Thumbs up ! Would stay there again ! Best reference I think can be given. Would you return ? Yes !

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank evryonehasone
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had a family room for two adults and two kids. The room came with a queen size bed, two single beds, a small table with two dining chairs and ample space for three luggage bags. Beds are comfortable and the room is clean although decor is dated. Generally, it feels like a motel from the 90s. Serves its purpose for a good night's sleep. Decent wifi. Macdonald's and petrol station is about 5 mins walk.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank r0v3r
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I stayed here at the Red Star at West Ryde with my wife a few weeks ago. The place is nice inside,... but the toilet's cistern kept us awake all night as it was trickelling water into the pan the whole night. The view over the Golf Course is spectacular. The car park is very narrow and the location of the entry to the car park is a bit tricky. the bed was very old and the room looked a bit dated.

Room Tip: good view over the Golf Course
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple