“Do not eat here”
Review of Le Tran

Le Tran
Ranked #41 of 63 Restaurants in Rozelle
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Description: I have eaten at this Vietnamese restaurant many times and always leave feeling satisfied and happy. The food is very tasty cooked to order every time so its very freshhhh. My favs our sweetand sour chicken soup, shakey beef and salt and pepper tofu viet style to mention a few. The service is spot on, friendly helpful staff. Owner Ken is always there to help and his wife is a very good chef. I've been a customer here for some years, the kids love it. Give it a try you'll be glad you did.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was looking forward to dinner out with my husband but unfortunately left Le Tran extremely disappointed.
We ordered prawn dumplings and pork spring rolls for starter, followed by a beef curry, stir fried duck and stir fried vegetables.
The food was extremely bland. None of the taste I would expect from Vietnamese food. Very little meat in the 2 mains, mostly watery sauce.
We complained about the food to the manager but were met by complete indifference and no apology. The staff refused to take any money off our $100 bill despite the fact that we sent more than half of it back.
My husband also witnessed the manager smoking in the kitchen.
I would not waste your time or money on visiting this restaurant when there are so many great establishments in Balmain & Rozelle.

2  Thank 21emma987

Reviewed 28 March 2018

The rice paper rolls was very fresh and shaking beef is always the best for main. The waitress was friendly but quite slow to serve the food.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

This was a Friday night dinner, we had to wait for almost one hour for the first dish to be served whereas customers who came after us have all been served. We brought it to the attention of the waiter and manager/ owner, neither of them cared or offered any explanation. The food was okay but there are so many other places and we will not go back again.

1  Thank Joe K
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Been going to this restaurant for many many years. Always have found the food to be excellent. Our favourites are: Chicken Vermicelli, Prawn Satay, Beef with beansprouts, Chicken with lemongrass and Salt and Pepper squid. The whole fish is delicious too.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Food OK - depends on your selection. We find the omelette to be very good as is the papaya salad. Bo luc lac was excellent.
Service reasonable.
BYO - so keeps prices to moderate level.