US$189
US$170
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$112
US$91
US$80
  • Free Internet
US$75
US$73
  • Restaurant
The Sebel Manly Beach(Manly)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$55
US$47
US$86
Agoda.com
All reviewsan older buildingan easy strollpleasant stayquiet locationplumbingcorso
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We thought waking up Christmas morning on Manly beach would be a thrill. We booked a family room for 2 nights and were disappointed. We had room number 5 and this did not look like any of the online photos.

Pros - very close to the beach, white fluffy bathroom towels, parking

Cons- No aircon, two pedestal fans provided instead, two windows in room but no cross breeze so room stayed warm, despite it being cool overnight. One window didnt have a flyscreen so had to be kept shut overnight, the other window had a poor fitting flyscreen but we kept it open. Greeted by cockroaches in the kitchenette in the morning. Main bed was very uncomfortable. Cleanliness was ok, main surfaces and floors clean, appreciate it is difficult to keep old fixtures and fittings clean, holes in walls etc
We moved out very early after one uncomfortable night of sleep

I think management are trying hard to refresh the hotel I think we were just unfortunate

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Zeni71
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I booked last minute and was welcomed at check in by a nice receptionist who was very helpful with local information. She then offered me a room with ocean views as a free upgrade, simply because it was available. The room was excellent value; clean and well presented, comfortable queen bed, a desk to do work, fast and free wifi and an adjoining, breezy and sun filled balcony. The plumbing is adequate and reflects the age of the building. I had a full night’s sleep. The motel itself is near the beach and not too far from the Corso and wharf. I’ll be staying here again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

What a horrible experience.
Began with the rude lady on reception telling us that both rooms we had booked were unavailable
After a few minutes she found one room available
Then found another
Then said we needed to pay extra, no way.
So we got into the disgusting rooms. So very very basic
Then we got hassled for credit card details which they already had
Then we got charged more than quoted price
Now trying to get a refund
This place is disgusting and will be reported to fair trading
Do not stay here,

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

My one night stay at Manly Oceanside Apartments got off to a dubious start right from check-in when the woman at reception informed me that my reservation was for the following day. After I showed her my booking details which confirmed that I had arrived on the correct day she managed to find me a room . How I wish that she hadn’t!
She showed me to a room at the back of the hotel down a grotty alleyway. The best thing I can say about the room is that it was clean.
The bed had a cheap slat-style base and the most uncomfortable mattress I’ve ever slept on. There was a microwave, TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
The bathroom had a spa bath which had been resprayed at some stage and the coating was flaking off. There was no storage. Hairdryers are available on request but given the state of the room I decided not to bother.
There was no air conditioning but there was a ceiling fan. As the only window opened on to the grotty alley I was not comfortable sleeping with it open so the fan was essential. Unfortunately I couldn’t figure out how to turn it on. It turns out that the remote controls are stored at reception.
Security is a bit of a problem as well. I was reading in bed around 10.00 pm with my door locked (the only lock is a push button in the middle of the door knob) when I heard a key being inserted into the lock. Next minute a random guy (I was a female on my own) walked into the room and said “s#@t there’s someone in here” before (fortunately) walking back out. Reception closes at 8.00 pm so I couldn’t report this to anyone. Needless to say I didn’t sleep very well - a problem exacerbated by the noisy ceiling fan.
I intended to report this on check-out but the woman at the desk was engrossed in a phone call and I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible!
I’ve given this place one star but would have given it a minus rating if possible.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank debg59
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Just had a pleasant stay at Manly Oceanside. Room was modest but clean with all you need. Being just two minutes from the beach,it doesn't get any better.The staff is five star quality,incredibly accomodating and helpful. Thank you. P&M

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple