“3rd Time and Still feel lucky!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manly
Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Manly B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 October 2015

This was our third visit to Sally and Lee at the Manly Harbour loft. The experience was every bit as good as we have come to expect. The room was beautifully prepared with everything we needed. We were able to settle in quickly and easily. Breakfast was a picture on a tray with fresh fruit and cereal beautifully presented. Sally and Lee were as welcoming and friendly as ever.

Room Tip: We were in the King Room with lovely views of the harbour and the Manly Ferry. Regular display of bi...
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2015

Dear Eric and Hazel,
What an honour to have you stay with us again, particularly as this was your wedding night!!
We were also very privilege to have been asked to be part of your special day, thankyou so much. And all this from being one of our best customers! We love our B&B.
Best wishes Lee and Sally

Reviewed 4 September 2015

I stayed there 6 days last August during my visit to Sydney. The first 2 days I stayed in the queen room and then I relocated to the king room since it was available. Both rooms are very comfortable; with coffee machine, microwave and refrigerator and the king room has a balcony with beautiful view to the sea. The location is perfect; it is on a nice and quiet neighborhood and very close to the center of Manly.
Sally and Lee were very warm and kind all the time. I arrived to Manly loft at 9 AM in the morning and even though the check in starts at 2.00 pm they still let me in. They assisted me with directions of good seafood restaurants in the area, coffeehouses (BTW, Coffee in Sydney is the best!) and activities to do in Manly.
I am very happy of having stayed at Manly, you won’t regret!!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank mgclausi
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2015

Thankyou Mariano,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you will return to lovely Manly again and have a holiday next time!

Reviewed 29 August 2015

I cannot fault this b and b in any way. As many have mentioned, Sally and Lee make you feel very at home and the room and service are both excellent. The breakfast is really delicious and beautifully presented. The location is quiet and yet so handy for getting to the beach and to Sydney itself.

Room Tip: top floor room for the views
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and so glad you got to enjoy our breakfasts! And Manly of course!! Look forward to meeting you again. Thankyou for recommending us to your daughter, we look forward to her staying with us soon.
Lee and Sally

Reviewed 24 August 2015

After our long flight we arrived to find the owners were on holiday leaving the keys with our daughter. The room was cold and damp having been empty for a number of days, and it took a couple of days before it became comfortable. In fact we were unable to even have a shower or rest because the builders arrived to do work on the roof the day we arrived. We had the loft room. There was no one to help us and we had no way to contact Sally because she didn't answer her phone. The room itself was clean and once we had left the heater on and the electric blankets on it soon warmed up. To be fair when Sally came home 3days later she was very apologetic and offered to do our washing and gave us a couple of bottles of wine and a voucher for a restaurant to compensate. The place was very quiet at night and within a short walk of the centre of Manly. We had coffee making facilities and a TV. The bed was very comfortable and the ensuite wet room was clean but needed the electric fan heater on. Sally provided us with dressing gowns and slippers. However even after our complaining that she had gone away she did the same the next weekend. We were staying for 11 nights and out of those Sally and Lee were away for 5 of them which meant that the room wasn't serviced. This was really surprising as they offered bed and breakfast which we couldn't have had even if we'd wanted to. When they were away we found out afterwards that there was a neighbour around to help if we needed anything but we were not told of this. Sally and Lee are charming people and were clearly embarrassed that the room was not fit for guests on arrival. In our opinion the room is perfect for the summer but during the winter months it needs to be prepared by warming and airing.

Room Tip: In summer the loft room would be great but in winter check the owners are not going to be away.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

Dear Jo and Peter,
I not sure your lovely daughter told you we wouldn’t be there when you arrive, as this was pointed out to her weeks beforehand, in case there were any problems, or you needed to stay elsewhere, but after I showed her around, and gave her the keys she was delighted, as it meant you were able to come into the room at 7am, rather than the usual 2pm check in time.
This being so meant that the roof repair men couldn’t start at 7am as planned, and would have been finished by 2pm, instead, we asked them to start at 10am, thus giving you time to shower and change etc. When I spoke to him, he said you seemed extremely happy with everything, and was shocked to hear otherwise, he said you spoke with him for some time about where to go and what to see.
Yes, I did leave my phone behind, sadly, I wonder if anybody else has ever done so, but again, we said to your daughter, should there be any emergency, that our neighbour was only too happy to help, and pointed this out to her, she lives downstairs.
The room has a powerful, reverse air-conditioner, and reaches the desired temperature in minutes, the bathroom is also fitted with a bathroom wall heater. The bed has electric blankets for those wintery nights, and yes I do provide robes and slippers. The price reflects the seasons. The room is bright and airy, and I am surprised you found it damp.
Unfortunately, we had very sad news and needed to be elsewhere, but whenever breakfast is required, we provide it, one only needs to ask, the rate is discounted accordingly.
We did try to make you happy with dinner, wine and flowers, and gave you discount, so those first nights were free.
We have had many happy customers over 18 years of business, both winter and summer, as you can see from previous reviews, however, sometimes things happen.
Please accept our apologies,
Lee and Sally

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I have just recently stayed for 5 days on my own in this fabulous apartment. When I walked in I felt at home straight away. I also felt very safe and secure.
The room is spacious and well appointed and the bed is very comfortable The decor is clean and fresh. There is reverse cycle A/C and as it's winter, an electric blanket on the bed - so warm and cosy. They have thought of everything to make your stay perfect.
Stepping out onto the balcony you get an amazing view.
The apartment is in a fabulous location, only 5 mins walk to the ferry and the main area of Manly.
The experience was so friendly and easy from booking until the day I left. Sally and Lee go out of their way to ensure that you enjoy their hospitality. I felt like I was staying with friends.
What a wonderful place to stay and enjoy all that Manly has to offer.
A huge thank you to Sally and Lee for their warm hospitality, I had a fabulous stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the King Room which is upstairs so you get a good view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Paige E
manlyloft, Owner at Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2015

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us in Manly. The air-con is fabulous for those cold winter nights!! We love to get positive feedbacks and always up for suggestions.
Many thanks for taking the time to write us such a great review, and look forward to your return.
Best wishes
Sally and Lee.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manly
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
Central Business District
Metro Apartments on King
Metro Apartments on King
#40 of 58 in Sydney

Been to Manly Harbour Loft Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!