“A slice of Italy in Cronulla”
Review of Giro Osteria

Giro Osteria
Ranked #6 of 151 Restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We had lunch today and it was amazing.
I would go as far as saying this is one of the best Italian meals I have had outside of Italy.
We ate the zucchini flowers, meatballs and then the ragu pasta.
The pastas are all handmade and the ingredients fresh and of high quality. The ambience is great and the open kitchen gives you something to watch. We would come back on a heartbeat!

3  Thank Suzies927

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I went there in 2016 I did not find the food very nice on this night. the owner came out and spoke with us and said since they are number one in Cronulla it just comes back to my taste not being so appreciative of good food. I had been in hospitality and one should not speak to a client like that. I told him that as new places open up the clientele in Cronulla will get more discerning and I could see that they would no longer be number one.

1  Thank unhappyclientatgiro
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This has to be the best in Cronulla great food excellent service Aldo (waiter) is wonderful order the sage gnocchi

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Great atmosphere felt like you were in Italy with the décor and the vibrant Italian staff
- service is very good set in a great location in Cronulla - ordered the $65.00 buffet for 7 people which was quite costly for what it was - probably would go for the set menu as I found the servings very small. Wine would be your standard upper class restaurant pricing at $45.00 + per bottle - would definitely go again

1  Thank earlybirdSydney
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Dining with friends we wanted to try a good variety of dishes. Entrees were shared consisting of calamari, buffalo mozzarlla, lamb rissoles. All were very good. Mains were spaghetti vongole, ribs, fish and gnocchi. All were tasty but gnocchi was disappointing. I selected it because of popularity from reviews. It was bland and tasteless except for cheese. Wine was pricey and not great selection. Service erratic. No bowl given for shells for vongole. Water ran out took a while before it was replaced. Overall not an unpleasant experience but not in a rush to go back.