All reviews ocean view mexican families junior suite the air conditioning family vacation guayabitos wifi bedroom guadalajara pool pillows
Reviewed 11 March 2018

My husband and 2 boys (14 and 10) recently stayed at Hotel Casablanca - room 403 - it was a little outdated but had an excellent view. Lots of room, big balcony with furniture. Cleaning service included. Free breakfast was a bonus for us - it was served in restaurant/hut facing the beach - it included omelettes, pancakes, cereal, and some mexican food fare. I'd say our hotel had the biggest pool on the strip (bonus for kids) and the cleanest. We also found it quiet during midweek. overall compared to other hotels - it catered well to our little family - everything was a few steps away, we recommend it!

Room tip: best rooms are on right half side of hotel facing ocean - as you get afternoon sun
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Linni_99
Reviewed 2 February 2018

I Stayed in room 409. Junior suite, very spacious with bedroom at back of suite away from the beach. Kitchen is a little out dated but clean. There are two bar stools, a table and four chairs, two couches as well as patio furniture. The bathroom has been remodeled. There is air conditioning in living room area and bedroom. The bedroom has an overhead fan as well. I did not use the air-conditioning because of cool temperatures during the week. I found the bed too firm with no pillow top and the pillows were really too lumpy, if I were too stay long term I would purchase some PV. There was no construction while I was there, though I was told by the long stay guests that a fifth floor is to be add in the summer months. The office staff member Lizbeth was very agreeable and responded to emails promptly.
Great view of beach and related activities. The hotel was centred in the beach with 20-minute walk either way. This is a very busy beach on weekends, many Mexican families drive from Guadalajara for a sea side visit. This adds a certain excitement and dynamic, everybody is having fun. The beach gets quieter during the week. To get your fresh squeezed orange juice, turn left as you walk out the hotel, it is one short block away.
The hotel provides a very good breakfast down at the beach restaurant, which I understand is the new location. There are two sittings for breakfast, we preferred coming down for the later, as there is no pressure to vacate your table for other guests. We could relax and enjoy the moment.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank ge0rge333
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Pros
Clean and Spacious
Updated rooms
Complimentary Breakfast good
Order A la carte
Friendly Staff
Ocean front hotel
2 elevators
Cons
Television too small
Wifi
The check in process was easy and the guest service agent was nice. There is plenty of outdoor complimentary parking guarded by staff. The outside well it's ok but all the hotels front the outside look outdated. The pool is facing the ocean. The restaurant bar also faces the ocean. Next to the pool there is a small salon for messages,pedicures,waxes and facials. From the lobby to the pool to the ocean just a few steps. My room did not have a ocean view but at night it was quiet. This is my second night here so far it's been a wonderful stay. The only con is the television the distance from the bed to the television.Too small. The tv at least 50 or bigger.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank leslieg567
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The Casablanca was a decent hotel with a great location. I would have considered it a nice three star hotel. Because of the location, decent facilities and reasonable prices, the hotel became popular for international guests during the period January through March. This seasonal success obviously has gone to their heads. They proceeded to add twenty plus more rooms which caused overcrowding at the pool and a lack of lounges and umbrellas. The breakfast dining area is so crowded one must wait in a long line for a table and even then would be fortunate to sit in a group. The cost of breakfast outside the hotel is so reasonable and so much better that we found ourselves not partaking of the included buffet but eating out.
Although they do clean every day, the floor is washed with a damp mop that merely spreads the dirt around in an even thin layer of mud as the mop is never rinsed during the cleaning cycle.
The WiFi prior to the expansion was bad but one could use it at certain times of the day. Now with the additional number of guests, the WiFi is virtually unusable.
Now that they have expanded and created overcrowding and lack of facility use, they thought it appropriate to raise prices by over 10%. I guess someone has to pay for the addition and declining service.
Unfortunately I will never stay in this hotel again even though I enjoyed many years staying there.

Room tip: The premium rooms are identical to the regular rooms except they have been SLIGHTLY updated. The regular rooms are dated and have mold.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank DisalusionedAmerican
Reviewed 20 May 2017

HORRIBLE. The Construction was awful. Will never stay at this hotel. TERRIBLE.
We waited for months for our vacation and booked at the Casablanca. When we arrived it was like a war zone. Major hotel construction. They should really close the hotel it was so bad.
The bigger problem was trying to get a refund. This hotel gave us the total hassle.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave A