All reviews ocean view mexican families junior suite the air conditioning family vacation guayabitos wifi bedroom guadalajara pool pillows
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Pros
Clean and Spacious
Updated rooms
Complimentary Breakfast good
Order A la carte
Friendly Staff
Ocean front hotel
2 elevators
Cons
Television too small
Wifi
The check in process was easy and the guest service agent was nice. There is plenty of outdoor complimentary parking guarded by staff. The outside well it's ok but all the hotels front the outside look outdated. The pool is facing the ocean. The restaurant bar also faces the ocean. Next to the pool there is a small salon for messages,pedicures,waxes and facials. From the lobby to the pool to the ocean just a few steps. My room did not have a ocean view but at night it was quiet. This is my second night here so far it's been a wonderful stay. The only con is the television the distance from the bed to the television.Too small. The tv at least 50 or bigger.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank leslieg567
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The Casablanca was a decent hotel with a great location. I would have considered it a nice three star hotel. Because of the location, decent facilities and reasonable prices, the hotel became popular for international guests during the period January through March. This seasonal success obviously has gone to their heads. They proceeded to add twenty plus more rooms which caused overcrowding at the pool and a lack of lounges and umbrellas. The breakfast dining area is so crowded one must wait in a long line for a table and even then would be fortunate to sit in a group. The cost of breakfast outside the hotel is so reasonable and so much better that we found ourselves not partaking of the included buffet but eating out.
Although they do clean every day, the floor is washed with a damp mop that merely spreads the dirt around in an even thin layer of mud as the mop is never rinsed during the cleaning cycle.
The WiFi prior to the expansion was bad but one could use it at certain times of the day. Now with the additional number of guests, the WiFi is virtually unusable.
Now that they have expanded and created overcrowding and lack of facility use, they thought it appropriate to raise prices by over 10%. I guess someone has to pay for the addition and declining service.
Unfortunately I will never stay in this hotel again even though I enjoyed many years staying there.

Room tip: The premium rooms are identical to the regular rooms except they have been SLIGHTLY updated. The regular rooms are dated and have mold.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank DisalusionedAmerican
Reviewed 20 May 2017

HORRIBLE. The Construction was awful. Will never stay at this hotel. TERRIBLE.
We waited for months for our vacation and booked at the Casablanca. When we arrived it was like a war zone. Major hotel construction. They should really close the hotel it was so bad.
The bigger problem was trying to get a refund. This hotel gave us the total hassle.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We spent 8 days the last wk of Feb. - March 5th. Breakfast was included an very adequate and tasty. Only ate at hotel restaurant one time and it was very good. Our room was always cleaned and beds made daily. Staff was very helpful and friendly. When we requested another bottle of water it was in our unit within 10 minutes. We spent our time down by the beach and never had a problem getting chairs. Construction was not a problem as we spent most of our days outside. Hope to stay there again next year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandnelson
Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have stayed at the Casablanca for many years. Each stay was in excess of one month. I initially chose this hotel for what I saw as positives; the location, the suite layouts and the garden. Along with the staff and management ,initially they were all very nice.

Over the years I have seen the attitude at the hotel change from caring about their guests to nothing short of greed; only caring about their guests money. No matter how much I complained or how serious the complaint was, I never received a true apology or was offered any consideration.

I complained about our air conditioner being disconnected on the 4th day of our stay. Their reply was, "Yes that's unfortunate but it will be disconnected for some time." It was still disconnected when we checked out four weeks later. They expected us to simply accept it without any form of consideration on behalf of the hotel.

Cleaning at the hotel was hit and miss but never excellent, barely acceptable. The maid makes the bed, changes the towels and sweeps/mops the floor religiously.
Tables, counters, mirrors, sinks, shower doors, etc. were never cleaned throughout our entire stay. Replacement of toilet paper and shampoo etc. was often not done. We ran out of toilet paper on two occasions and shampoo on three occasions.

There are 5 gallon jugs of potable water in every suite but the hotel had no refills for two days. We made do with small bottles for drinking.

There is limited space on the pool deck and during our entire stay I was unable to secure a spot as others were obviously claiming spots before we awoke. This year they are adding two floors to the hotel which will put more pressure on the limited pool deck space.

We had a plumbing problem with our kitchen sink. When we ran water into the sink, the water ran out the bottom into the cupboard. I informed the hotel who sent a "maintenance" man to look at it. He showed me the broken seal around the drain indicating that's where the problem was. He then indicated that I needed to use the other side of the double sink as it didn't leak. Then he left. The problem still wasn't fixed when we checked out.

During construction, jack hammering began around 7:00 am and continued unabated until 5:30 pm. Unsafe work ethic created a real danger for guests as things were falling off the high construction areas and could have seriously injured someone. While sitting on our balcony, debris started falling all around me. When a chunk of concrete barely missed me I ran indoors. I complained to the hotel and their reply was, "They should be finished in that area by tomorrow".

Although they do spray for cockroaches, due to the construction, it was not very effective and most nights we encountered some in our suite. I didn't bother to complain.

Room tip: Test the wifi reception in the room as many rooms are unable to connect.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple