All reviews ocean view mexican families junior suite the air conditioning family vacation guayabitos wifi bedroom guadalajara pool pillows
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

I did not stay at the Casablanca, but, I am staying nearby. There is a major construction project going on from dusk to dawn 5 days a week. The noise is unbearable. I feel sorry for the occupants of not only the Casablanca, but, the nearby restaurants and hotels. I sure hope that vacationers were forewarned.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank PMedKing
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Although this is usually a nice quiet hotel is is not so this year. They are adding 2 floors and there is constant jackhammering sawing and hammering. Would not advise coming here this year

The photos are taken right outside our room. We have to step through construction to get to our room. Sure hope next year is better

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank VacationPG
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This was our first time visiting Mexico and we really enjoyed our stay in Guayabitos. We decided against an all-inclusive and stayed at the Casablanca at a friends urging. We booked in January and were told that we had rooms on the third floor, which is what our friend told us to specifically request. Arrived and our rooms were on the second floor which was no big deal as I'm sure the beds were the same and the view pretty similar. All rooms have a beautiful ocean view except perhaps the first floor. Breakfast was included every day - omelettes, pancakes or french toast, fresh fruit and refried beans etc. The day before we left I found a little coffee shop uptown that made fabulous coffee and delicious breakfast foods. Wish I had found it sooner as I would have switched it up between the two several times over the course of our 10 days there. The restaurant by the pool bar made delicious shrimp tacos! Wifi only available in the lobby, not the rooms.

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean. Try to get a room on the 3rd floor for the best view.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Just got home from 5 weeks at this resort. Awesome place to stay, probably the best in town. Breakfast is included and is great, bacon and eggs cooked however you like excellent omelets and a small buffet of Mexican choices. Leonel, the manager, and all his staff are friendly and eager to please. We are looking forward to another stay next year. Ron & Sylvia, Sooke, BC.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank RonSyl2016
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Recently returned from Guayabitos after spending 3 days at Casablanca Resort, from
The outside the resort is lovely and bright, I can't say anything else that is positive.
The hotel rooms are large, unfortunately the unit we had, had a smell of mould when
the closet was open drawers in both the bedroom and kitchen had a distinct musty
smell.
Spoke with a manager who said he would see what he could do, rooms were dirty, with
Piles of dark hair balls that had not be swept. The small ants that come up through the
sink was nasty.
Again another chat with the manager nothing was done to our satisfaction. The so called Wall safe did not work as well.

The last straw was I was collecting shells for jewelry making 2 days of collecting, I went
looking for the shells on the counter they were gone. The cleaning lady decided on her
own that my shells should be thrown out, which they were.

Another conversation with the manager who again apologized, I'm sorry for the problems encountered at this hotel, and will never venture their again.

Upon departure the manager was not their, I shall be emailing him a very detailed
letter, and would expect some satisfaction and reconciliation.

Room tip: Check the quality and cleanlinessre then anything else the smell of the rooms, kitchen & bedroom.
Date of stay: January 2016