Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
eDreamsUS$206
Agoda.comUS$206
2,060 results
All reviews lake vyrnwy afternoon tea garden view stunning views four poster bed premier room clay pigeon shooting main restaurant truffle scones evening meal room was large drawing room cream tea relaxing break the pub birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

We had the most amazing stay at Lake Vyrnwy, excellent customer service, staff couldn’t do enough, beautiful bedroom with the most stunning view and excellent food. Felt very safe with all the covid regulations in place.
Cannot wait to go back.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Sarah J
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2020

Thank you for your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and for your lovely review.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially with regards to you dining experiences and your interaction with the team.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a great location. The view from our balcony was stunning and the room was an ideal size. The food at the Tower Restaurant was delicious and the breakfast was also amazing!! The staff were very friendly and helpful too which made everything easier! Would definitely return :)

1  Thank eroberts28

Thank you for your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and for your wonderful review.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s excellent location, dining experiences and the attention given by the team.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable stay

Reviewed 30 November 2020

It’s as beautiful as the pictures even in the rain! Lots of hiking about - hotel service impeccable- lots of fabulous food and wine too. Only issue is the tennis court - we phoned to check we could use it before we arrived ( as keen tennis players it’s part of what we look for in a break as we play all year round) - it’s totally unplayable, not been maintained by the look of it - surface broken up etc. So don’t bother taking your rackets!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially with regards to your dining experiences and interaction with the team. I'm sorry that you weren't told the condition of the tennis court, it is more for a casual play around rather than a serious game at the moment. I will make sure re-iterate this to our reception team to avoid guest disappointment in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 November 2020

Very pleasant recent stay with a gorgeous view from the bedroom across the reservoir. Nice public spaces and log fires are always a great relaxant.

Lovely big rambling building and some measure of mobility is necessary to get around the staircases and corridors.

Pleasant service from the staff.... but some of the clientele would probably have rather been in Malaga or the Algarve..... snobbish? Moi?

1  Thank Capability186463

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review with us.

It's a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

My wife and I have lived about 45 minutes from lake Vyrnwy hotel for the last 18 years and have said many a time when passing that we should visit the hotel - it is in an amazing location, such beautiful views and so very tranquil.

My wife was turning 40, and I thought perfect opportunity to visit. We enjoy going out for afternoon tea - so booked that in advance.

On arrival we had to take our temperatures on a machine attached to the wall, sadly a sign of the times but good to know they are compliant.

We were seated at a lovely table, beautiful views and ordered the afternoon tea - sadly this is where things went down hill! I was making myself a cup of tea and my wife was tucking in, and I asked the question how is it? Hoping the answer would be lovely, thank you. But sadly not, the one sandwich was all greasy, she was trying to take the grease off it by using her plate and napkin, she said the sandwiches are icey cold! And so is the cake! In particular the larger square sponge type cake.

I just felt very disappointed by it to be honest, I think it was priced at £18 each for afternoon tea. Anyway we tried to make the most of it, and just eat it and enjoyed being together.

I have since emailed the hotel, who have apologised about it, they never denied the food was frozen - so can only assume my wife was correct. Which I find a little disappointing for such a lovely hotel, I expected lovely fresh sandwiches, lovely fresh cakes and scones - my expectations were clearly too much.

The hotel has refunded the cost of the afternoon tea, but sadly they don’t think about the impact it has on their reputation nor how it effects my wife’s birthday. They knew in advance that it was her 40th and we were having afternoon tea, so just very disappointing hence the one star.

You would be better off going to the cafe on the square in llanfyllin :) a few miles away and then having a walk in lake vyrnwy to be honest.

Thanks for reading :)

3  Thank Gpbartley
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

In our email exchange prior to this, we acknowledged that the afternoon tea you experienced was a long way short of your expectations and apologised unreservedly, inviting you back as our guests and/or offering to refund the whole amount. In response to this you requested 50% off a dinner bed and breakfast package which would have been up to £105 reduction, depending on room type chosen.

We are always disappointed when guests expectations are not met, let alone exceeded, as this is the bedrock of our existence. The vast majority of visitors travel to the hotel to celebrate an occasion, and we try to make every single one of them as memorable, for the very right reasons, as we possibly can.

With this in mind, I feel that you may not have posted this review if, instead of the extensive apology and full refund for the afternoon tea and to come back as our guests, as you lived very locally, we had given into your request for a discount for a stay equalling nearly triple the value of the afternoon tea in question.

We once again unreservedly apologise, and can assure you that your complaint was taken very seriously and discussed at length between the departments involved to avoid a repeat of this regrettable experience for future guests.