2,064 results
All reviews lake vyrnwy afternoon tea garden view stunning views four poster bed premier room clay pigeon shooting main restaurant truffle scones evening meal room was large drawing room cream tea relaxing break the pub birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

This was our final stop on our tour, hotel is magnificent, the views out of this world. Very Covid secure we were provided with masks and hand gel upon arrival. Room was clean (33) and views out of the large windows were certainly mesmerising.

The bathroom was gorgeous and relaxing in the deep tub was just what we needed.

There was plenty of parking available, it was a shame the other bars were not open. I did expect the hotel to do some cocktails, usually hotels of this standard do.

Breakfast was lovely not a belly buster but lots of choice and continental offerings.

Dinner overlooking the lake on our final night was lovely. The food we had wasn’t the best we have had but certainly not the worst.

The room was clean if a little dated, I know this is the look in keeping with the building, however, curtains in room were frayed.

The staff were wonderful and I can’t wait to come back and enjoy the spa when all treatments are available. The treatment I did have was wonderful.

1  Thank nshent
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and for your lovelyreview.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s excellent location, your room and the attention given by the team.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable stay

Reviewed 13 September 2020

This is one of my favourite hotels ..Fantastic views and lovely helpful staff. We have just stayed for a night this weekend and the staff were welcoming and helpful..they made us feel relaxed and safe . The hotel is very covid secure.

1  Thank julesforshaw2

Thank you for your recent stay at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and for your wonderful review.

It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s excellent location and the attention given by the team.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

Spent a night here,after fancying a stay here for many many years, we were flabbergasted by the veiws,annoyingly having the furthest room from reception to the rear of the property, which really was not clean, the windows onto the veranda looking at rocks, were filthy and some one had even written CLEAN ME which the cleaners had obviously ignored.The chairs and the table in the room were badly marked marked, bed was lovely, room was too hot, even though we shut the radiator off and left the door and window open,strange having to stay in a disabled room though, especially if there was someone in a wheelcair in there, they would not have a hope in hell getting out down the fire escape in an emergency, We booked breakfast for 9.30 only to be met by water leaking down from above dripping into plastic buckets in the reception of the restaraunt.Tea/Coffee/Toast/Pastries are brought to the table, then you are asked for your choice of breakfast making a choice of fried or poached egg....I ordered sausage, bacon ,fried eggs and beans......well....hand on heart....the plate was large making what I had even worse....one sausage, two crimpled tiny streaks of bacon,one uncooked fried egg with clear "white" and the smallest 2" square pot of beans.....certainly not up to Premier Inn standards. We were informed when booking there was no Spa or Swimming Pool available so we didnt take swimming costumes, then when we booked into the hotel we could use the Spa and Swimming Pool for an extra £10 each!!!
Also most of the other buildings and bistro were closed, so we had to travel 16 miles rould trip to the half decent Cann Office
Now........at over £160 a night with a tiny breakfast.......is the veiw worth it?

Room tip: Overlooking the lake if you can afford it

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

It is naturally disappointing you feel the hotel did not meet your expectations and you have not enjoyed the same level of stay many of our guests enjoy. I sincerely apologise for this.
I have passed your review on to our head chef and head housekeeper who will do everything within their ability to rectify and improve on the points that you have raised.
With regards to the Spa, £10 is what we would normally charge however our thermal suite has not reopened yet, I'm sorry for the confusion.

We really value our customers feedback and we believe constructive criticism is a powerful tool that can help us improve and thrive.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back to Lake Vyrnwy in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

Nice room , pleasant staff but restaurant left much to be desired. Poor waiter service, very poor chef. Items on the menu did not arrive as described. We made comments/complaints before eating but little was done. Breakfast service was very slow... it took 25 minutes for our tea and coffee to arrive.
Please do not blame the virus. The hotel is open and people are desperate to get back to work. So an excuse of insufficient staff is unacceptable.

1  Thank Val H

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I'm sorry to read that your stay, in-particular your dining experiences, did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise. I have passed your comments onto both our head chef & restaurant manager to improve on the points that you have raised.

It is clear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

We recently stayed here and considering the fact we have to check in at 4 because of the extra cleaning required for our room you would think it would be clean - wrong!!
The room was a joke we paid just under £140 for 1 night and we had stains all over the headboard holes in the carpet and dirty mugs in the room!
Also walking up to our room the carpet on the stairs was filthy thick with hair and dirt! Not acceptable at all especially when cleaning is key right now with the coronavirus
The staff was friendly and food was mediocre but absolutely disgusted with paying to stay in a dirty poor room like that
We have sent a complaint and all we got was a sorry back it’s just not fair to charge people these prices and this is what we was given

1  Thank twalker140

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I can only apologise again for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I hope your refund has gone through and is showing in your account now, please don't hesitate to contact me if there are any problems with this.

I hope we can welcome you back again so that you can enjoy the high standard of stay that many of our guests enjoy.