Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,064 results
All reviews lake vyrnwy afternoon tea garden view stunning views four poster bed premier room clay pigeon shooting main restaurant truffle scones evening meal room was large drawing room cream tea relaxing break the pub birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020

Spent a night here,after fancying a stay here for many many years, we were flabbergasted by the veiws,annoyingly having the furthest room from reception to the rear of the property, which really was not clean, the windows onto the veranda looking at rocks, were filthy and some one had even written CLEAN ME which the cleaners had obviously ignored.The chairs and the table in the room were badly marked marked, bed was lovely, room was too hot, even though we shut the radiator off and left the door and window open,strange having to stay in a disabled room though, especially if there was someone in a wheelcair in there, they would not have a hope in hell getting out down the fire escape in an emergency, We booked breakfast for 9.30 only to be met by water leaking down from above dripping into plastic buckets in the reception of the restaraunt.Tea/Coffee/Toast/Pastries are brought to the table, then you are asked for your choice of breakfast making a choice of fried or poached egg....I ordered sausage, bacon ,fried eggs and beans......well....hand on heart....the plate was large making what I had even worse....one sausage, two crimpled tiny streaks of bacon,one uncooked fried egg with clear "white" and the smallest 2" square pot of beans.....certainly not up to Premier Inn standards. We were informed when booking there was no Spa or Swimming Pool available so we didnt take swimming costumes, then when we booked into the hotel we could use the Spa and Swimming Pool for an extra £10 each!!!
Also most of the other buildings and bistro were closed, so we had to travel 16 miles rould trip to the half decent Cann Office
Now........at over £160 a night with a tiny breakfast.......is the veiw worth it?

Room tip: Overlooking the lake if you can afford it
Date of stay: September 2020
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

It is naturally disappointing you feel the hotel did not meet your expectations and you have not enjoyed the same level of stay many of our guests enjoy. I sincerely apologise for this.
I have passed your review on to our head chef and head housekeeper who will do everything within their ability to rectify and improve on the points that you have raised.
With regards to the Spa, £10 is what we would normally charge however our thermal suite has not reopened yet, I'm sorry for the confusion.

We really value our customers feedback and we believe constructive criticism is a powerful tool that can help us improve and thrive.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back to Lake Vyrnwy in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

Nice room , pleasant staff but restaurant left much to be desired. Poor waiter service, very poor chef. Items on the menu did not arrive as described. We made comments/complaints before eating but little was done. Breakfast service was very slow... it took 25 minutes for our tea and coffee to arrive.
Please do not blame the virus. The hotel is open and people are desperate to get back to work. So an excuse of insufficient staff is unacceptable.

1  Thank Val H

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I'm sorry to read that your stay, in-particular your dining experiences, did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise. I have passed your comments onto both our head chef & restaurant manager to improve on the points that you have raised.

It is clear that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2020 via mobile

We recently stayed here and considering the fact we have to check in at 4 because of the extra cleaning required for our room you would think it would be clean - wrong!!
The room was a joke we paid just under £140 for 1 night and we had stains all over the headboard holes in the carpet and dirty mugs in the room!
Also walking up to our room the carpet on the stairs was filthy thick with hair and dirt! Not acceptable at all especially when cleaning is key right now with the coronavirus
The staff was friendly and food was mediocre but absolutely disgusted with paying to stay in a dirty poor room like that
We have sent a complaint and all we got was a sorry back it’s just not fair to charge people these prices and this is what we was given

1  Thank twalker140

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I can only apologise again for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I hope your refund has gone through and is showing in your account now, please don't hesitate to contact me if there are any problems with this.

I hope we can welcome you back again so that you can enjoy the high standard of stay that many of our guests enjoy.

Reviewed 7 September 2020

My Husband and I have stayed at Lake Vyrnwy a good few times over the last few years. It's a nice stop between London where we live and North Wales where I am from.
We should have been cruising on Queen Mary 2, Lake Vyrnwy was a wonderful alternative.
Very easy efficient booking, through emailing the reception team.
The Hotel itself is traditional , beautiful and a fabulous place to really switch off. The fact their is no mobile signal is a massive plus as no one can bother us about work! haha There is wifi, it seemed strongest in the drawing room, but it is great to take time away from the internet!
Our room was in the newer part of the hotel, room 48 I think, wonderful views from our balcony over the Lake. Fantastic sunrise and sunset scenes. Our Bath was divine, a lovely deep bath to relax in after daily walks! Due to covid regulations we didn't have our room serviced during our 4 night stay, however this suited us! It was easy to ring reception for top ups of toilet roll or hot drink supplies.
We stayed Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and enjoyed the food in the tower restaurant. The service is always attentive and efficient. The food is well cooked, tastes delicious and is perfectly portioned.
We loved taking coffee in the Drawing room after dinner away from the other guests!
I did love sitting by the far left table for breakfast and watching the birds/squirrels/pheasants/pigeons eating the bird nuts in the morning!
Breakfast was also delicious, service was fantastic.
We ate a burger at the Lake View burger van up on the old helipad, the burger was delicious!
Sadly the road around the lake had been blocked by a landslide so I couldn't do my usual round lake walks, but that is not the hotels fault!

A fabulous hotel, fantastic service, wonderful food.
Do treat yourself to a Lake Side View, it is definitely worth it.
Can't wait to return again.

Room tip: Choose a Lake View Room!
Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Loisnocruisecontrol

Thank you so much for sharing your great review!

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will make sure to pass your kind words onto the staff who will be thrilled.
Also, thank you for all your stunning pictures on Instagram, it's really lovely to see a stay through your eyes as its happening ☺

We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and it is all about the view, which from room 52 was absolutely lovely. The bed was incredibly comfortable, so had a great sleep. The hotel is lovely, but does seem a little run down in places, like the bar, which I found very uninspiring and without any atmosphere.
The staff were all lovely and very helpful.
We are in the restaurant, in the evening, I had the cauliflower soup, which was very watery and needed cream and thickening, followed by a very limp sea bass and risotto, which was so overcooked it was like wallpaper paste. An extra of green beans with garlic for £4.50 was a terrible let down, since was a tiny portion and hardly any garlic. So not good.
As said I thought the room was lovely, but the restaurant was not good, and the only place you could eat at the moment. So would not return for that reason.

4  Thank dianedO3011OY

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

It's a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your room and your interaction with the staff, however I was sorry to learn that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise. I have passed your comments onto our head chef to avoid a repeat of this below par performance.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lake Vyrnwy again soon so you can experience the high standards we pride ourselves on and that so many of our guests enjoy.