Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,064 results
All reviews lake vyrnwy afternoon tea garden view stunning views four poster bed premier room clay pigeon shooting main restaurant truffle scones evening meal room was large drawing room cream tea relaxing break the pub birthday treat
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and it is all about the view, which from room 52 was absolutely lovely. The bed was incredibly comfortable, so had a great sleep. The hotel is lovely, but does seem a little run down in places, like the bar, which I found very uninspiring and without any atmosphere.
The staff were all lovely and very helpful.
We are in the restaurant, in the evening, I had the cauliflower soup, which was very watery and needed cream and thickening, followed by a very limp sea bass and risotto, which was so overcooked it was like wallpaper paste. An extra of green beans with garlic for £4.50 was a terrible let down, since was a tiny portion and hardly any garlic. So not good.
As said I thought the room was lovely, but the restaurant was not good, and the only place you could eat at the moment. So would not return for that reason.

4  Thank dianedO3011OY
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

It's a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your room and your interaction with the staff, however I was sorry to learn that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise. I have passed your comments onto our head chef to avoid a repeat of this below par performance.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Lake Vyrnwy again soon so you can experience the high standards we pride ourselves on and that so many of our guests enjoy.

Reviewed 6 September 2020 via mobile

We booked just the 1 night here as it is pretty expensive but the views from the hotel are out of this world.
We were room only (£159) so didn’t have breakfast but the evening meal was lovely, couldn’t fault it we were to full to even have a pudding, it was well priced.
The room was very large with amazing views of the lake.
A few things I did note is you couldn’t get your room keys until 4pm which is fine but the carpet going up to the rooms was filthy in need of a very good hoover but if nobody had been aloud up to the rooms it means they hadn’t been Hoovered that day at all.
Also the coffee & tea pot in my room wasn’t cleaned out after the last person so I said to the cleaners on the landing that were there talking & all they said back to me is we ain’t aloud in your room now but what they should of said is, Iam so sorry & give my a fresh set ( they must have spare sets) my partner wouldn’t let me say anything to the receptionist as it was busy with everyone checking in.

1  Thank bbarn29

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Although I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your dining experience with us, I was sorry to learn about the dirty tea & coffee pot in your room, for which I apologise.
Our housekeeping team, although are unable to go into your room, should absolutely have apologised and offered to swap them for a clean set or offered to clean them for you. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this, I have passed your comments onto our head housekeeper to avoid a repeat of this below par performance.
With regards the carpet up to the rooms, as far as I'm aware this gets hoovered daily in the morning, however the guests we have staying over are allowed to go up and down to their rooms, its just arriving guests who don't go up until 4pm. I will however raise this with the housekeeping team to ensure that this is being done.

I really do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2020

I am a vegetarian and was so disappointed to find that there was only one option for veggies on the mains menu ( which I didn't fancy at all).
The chef did kindly do me egg and chips,BUT the chips were frozen not homemade.Another let down..
As this is quite an expensive Hotel,I would have assumed that they wouldn't be using frozen chips.They were bland and I left them.The one starter however was nice,tomato soup....but the veggie Pate looked terribly unappetising,and didn't taste any better than it looked.
My husband however, enjoyed his food,although if you have a big appetite,forget it!The portions are in my opinion small.
Incidentally the staff were lovely,and the receptionist (lisa I think)was very polite and most helpful. I would definitely stay at the Hotel again,but I think next time we would choose to eat elsewhere locally.The Chef definitely needs to take a good look (and taste) with regard to the Veggie options and make significant changes.

Room tip: Choose a room with Lakeside view.Absolutely stunning.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Although I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your interaction with the staff, I was sorry to learn that your dining experience did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise. We do have vegetarian options on our tapas menu and sharing platters that you are more than welcome to choose from as well, I'm sorry if this was not made clear to you when you were here.
I have passed your comments onto our head chef to avoid a repeat of this below par performance and I can only apologise again that your dinner wasn't up to our usual high standards.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2020 via mobile

We have just returned from a 1 night stay at the hotel, the views are absolutely amazing and the hotel location is perfect for sunset and sunrise- the downfall for us was how expensive things were. The restaurant food was good but not amazing and it’s quite highly priced as is the room, it could do with an update, things could do with a refresh some of the chairs in our room had old stains on for example. Really enjoyed the continental side of breakfast, covering all taste buds.
Service from the staff was great, everyone was super friendly and despite the ongoing Covid concerns everything was managed really well.

Date of stay: August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Although I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel's excellent location and your interaction with the staff, I was sorry to learn that aspects of your room did not meet your expectations, for which I apologise.

We do have an ongoing refurbishment programme, so hopefully, should you return, you will see the changes we have made.
I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in room 53. Lovely big room with a 4 poster bed and stunning view with a balcony. The decor is a little dated but intentionally done, to keep in style with the Victorian building. We loved it! Also enjoyed the deep soak tub.

We enjoyed dinner on the balcony in the sun the first evening - no extra charge for room service which was lovely. The weather was not on our side the next day but we made the most of the huge room and amazing view of the storm raging outside!!

Breakfast was delicious and there wasn't a bad table in the restaurant! The view from the front of the hotel is hard to beat!!!

They handled the COVID situation really well - felt safe and consistent. Thank you!!

We can't wait to be back (the plan is to book the first hint of a hot weekend and sit on the balcony the whole time!!)

Lauren & Nick Brown

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank thelazytourists
J Thomas, Guest Services / Front Office at Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2020

Hi Lauren & Nick,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review with us.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, especially with regards to your room and dining experiences!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon, fingers crossed for some good weather ☺