All reviews garlic potatoes large portions pork belly pub grub business trip pudding friendly hotel pembroke castle car park is a little great food and beer single room mash lovely surprise meringue a stones throw ate here room was spacious
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Rang to book a table for last night and was told straight away ‘yes no problem’ which I was surprised about because it was short notice. When we arrived we were sat at a table in the bar which I said I wasn’t happy about and wanted a table in the restaurant. They said that there wasn’t one. They brought the menus which were restaurant prices and we said that we hoped they didn’t expect us to pay those prices when we were sat in the public bar. They then found us a table in the restaurant. The food then was very good as always. No complaints other than one waitress who seemed to be sulking about what had gone before and definitely had an attitude problem. We will go again because we love the menu. I just think they need to up their standards to what they used to be, hence this post, I hope someone reads it and takes notice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula J
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Lovely old hotel and staff were lovely. It was recommended by a friend but they had food from the A La Carte menu and we ate from the lunch light menu. I found the food average and slightly overpriced but the surroundings lovely and staff helpful.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lisatap
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I took my mother who is 86?there . Tony and his team were excellent .
Great salmon and steak and ale pie to die for .
Washed down with. Gower gold and and good red wine .
Lovely desert .
I eat out a lot for the price difficult to beat .
Well done Tony and team .

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Our check in was smooth. Edward was very informative. Room clean with all the amenities
Ample parking space
Had dinner in the restaurant. Large portions of locally sourced food. Good tapas selection.
Excellent substantial breakfast for the morning hungry
Good value. No complaints

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stayed for just one night and while the room was comfortable the bathroom was in need of some modernisation as most of the tile grouting was cracked and the laminated surfaces were peeling apart. Mold on the bath was also avoidable. The food in the restaurant was nice and dinner was great but the breakfast experience was awful. First, when we placed our order we overheard the waiter mutter "here we go again!" in fed up tones. Then, as we helped ourselves to the jars of cereal on the table and sat down to eat, I found a clump, literally a clump, of long brown hair in my bowl! I have short hair so it certainly wasn't mine!
The previous evening after dinner we were served teas and coffee. The clumsy young waiter, who seemed to be permanently on another planet, spilled the tea over my wife's phone and then simply wiped it down his trouser leg before handing it back. He then spilled more on the table and of course the saucers were now filled with tea. Until he was told by one of us to get a cloth and replace the saucers he was simply going to just walk off. Even when he did return he forgot to change the saucers. But, it gets worse. We ordered cappuccinos but what we got was not a third each of milk, coffee and froth. Instead we got an almost black, burnt-tasting coffee with a bit of watery froth on top! Add to this the waiter performed all his duties with his trouser zip wide open!!!
Definitely not somewhere we will be staying at again!

Stayed: August 2018
2  Thank Roy A
KingsPembrokeWales, Manager at Old Kings Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Dr Awbery
I read your comments with sadness and can only apologise for the poor service.
The comments regarding the young waiter and breakfast waiter have been taken on board and the staff concerned will be given the training help that they obviously need.
Unknown to us the coffee machine had a fault, the parts have been received and fitted.
The waiter at breakfast assured me that he had decanted the gluten free cereal for you straight into a kilner jar and I can offer no explanation as to how a "clump of long brown hair" could have found its way into the jar. Sadly non of us knew of this at the time.
We continue to work our way through the rooms to replace bathroom grouting and fittings and will attend to room 26 immediately.
Sincerely Norman Edwards Manager