All reviews course taster menu glass of prosecco on arrival dog biscuits country house beautiful hotel groupon offer four poster bed relaxing break both nights evening meal our room was spacious scallops panna cotta wonderful stay two night stay following morning
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Filthy black cobwebs as if there been a fire in the room!!! So they moved us to another room which had dead flies in the lampshade above the bed and more cobwebs!!! The owner came up to the room as and her attitude stank! Next time I drive past I will spit out the window! Lovely manageress though. Over £20 for a £3 bottle of wine! PS. The owner expects you to buy their wine if you drinking in your room, even though the manageress was nice enough to bring us a wine bucket and ice for a bottle we took.

Room Tip: Just don't go.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Mitch W
Falcondale H, Owner at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Mitch W,

Well where to start, I’ll begin with an apology, I’m sorry that our Housekeeping Team had missed the cobwebs in the room you were upgraded to. We are a country house and inevitably yes (as much as I hate them) we do have spiders that lurk around the place. Hannah immediately moved you to one our best rooms and also brought you an ice bucket for the wine you had brought with you! Unfortunately this room had not been checked before moving you and there were 3 flies in the light fitting – I agree that this is still not an acceptable standard – you omit I note to say that although we offered to have it cleaned, at this point you refused to pay but did not want to leave – in fact at this point perhaps due to the alcohol, you had Hannah in tears.

I would usually quite happily leave my management team to deal with guests, however when one of my team is crying from the stress of dealing with a customer such as yourself, I feel I must step in. As the owner I felt that your behaviour was unacceptable and did say “No Pay No Stay”– I also offered you your original room – which both you and your partner Helen viewed separately, both of you agreeing after inspection that it was clean – your partner however opted to stay in the 4 poster room.
You suggest that my attitude stank, unfortunately I was faced with 2 people who were worse for wear due to drink and who were spinning so many yarns it was difficult to know the truth.

You say you paid over £20 for a £3 bottle of wine, interesting. The truth is that your partner in your words on the night “blagged” a complimentary bottle of rosé wine as an apology for the cobwebs in your room. You did not purchase any of the wine you drank with us. Although Housekeeping did bring down 5 empty bottles from your room!
You claim that our hotel is ‘Filthy Dirty’ yet you still wanted to dine with us, surely if we were as dirty as you suggest you would not have risked eating here?
Saying that you will be spitting out of the window at us as you drive past only shows to trip advisor users what kind of attitude we had to put up with.

I could go on and on about your “special evening”, but I hope that our genuine guests and prospective guests are seeing why sometimes small independent businesses in hospitality want to bite back.

With hindsight I should just have asked the police to remove you.

Lisa Hutton
Owner

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We had a room at the top of the stairs with views of the gardens. The bed was very comfortable but unfortunately the shower was just a trickle! Breakfast was great and overall service was good with smiling, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Lots of stairs, would ask for a ground floor room next time.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Falcondale H, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back soon! Diolch, Meleri

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

My partner & I recently stayed at the Falcondale for an overnight stay. What a beautiful building in a stunning location, our room overlooking the rolling Ceredigion countryside was both enchanting with gorgeous period features, well equipped & scrupulously clean. Lovely welcome from the staff on arrival & the service continued to be first class throughout our stay. The food at the Falcondale is superb, top notch for every course. The staff are friendly, courteous & rare in this day and age very knowledgeable too, answered all our enquiries about the produce used & sourcing. A special mention to Delroy who was tending the bar for his infectious enthusiasm & attention to detail, in fact all the staff who made for a relaxing & memorable stay.... Keep up the good work, 5 star hotel in every respect.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bullet2870
Falcondale H, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you "bullet2870" for your lovely comments. We will pass on your comments to Delroy. We hope to welcome you back soon. Diolch, Meleri

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We had a great time on new years eve at the Falcondale. The rooms, food and staff were first class. This is the second time we stayed at the Falcondale, the accomadaion and service was equally as good as the first visit. I have to particularly commend the professional service and friendleness of the staff. This is a great place to relax and catch up with family and friend

Room Tip: We liked the rooms at the front, there are great views of the countryside
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank martynbevan1
Falcondale H, Front Office Manager at The Falcondale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

It was a pleasure to welcome you back to The Falcondale for the New Year's Eve celebrations. Thank you so much for your lovely review, we hope that we can tempt you back for a third visit. Diolch, Meleri

Reviewed 7 January 2018

My husband and I went on a short 'Babymoon' to get the final bit of rest and relaxation before our little one arrives. We were looking for small intimate places to stay and decided this hotel will be one of them. What a pleasant experience overall! The lady who checked us in wasn't the most welcoming, but sorted us out quickly with no hassles. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly and our favourite part was dining there as the food was REALLY fabulous and nothing was too much for the waiters. Especially Derick (from Chicago) as he was super friendly! The room and bathroom were comfortable and the perfect size and all the amenities needed, in it's place. The WiFi was accessible throughout the property. On our second evening there were some noise coming from below our room (we were on 2nd floor) and we called reception who acknowledged that it was from the kitchen and within a minute all was quiet.
We would definitely return to Falcon dale!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank YollaBekker

Thank you very much for your lovely comments, it is greatly appreciated by the whole team. We hope that all goes well with your newborn, and that we may be able to welcome you back soon. Diolch, Meleri