Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.comUS$65
TravelocityUS$65
PricelineUS$73
1,638 results
All reviews hampton by hilton budget hotel air con plenty of parking celtic manor yogurt motorway newport stopover wardrobe inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This is situated in the middle of a business park just off the M4. We stayed here just because we needed somewhere in the area for one night. Check in was polite and efficient. We had a quick drink in the bar with friends who were also staying there.

Our room was nice, and clean. I didn't find the bed particularly comfortable but that's very much a matter of personal preference.

Unusually for a weekend, breakfast is served from 6 am which suited us very well because we had to be out early. It was the usual range of cereals, fruit, yogurt and cooked items and was all very nice.

While it's not in the most attractive location, we didn't hear any traffic noise from the motorway and for what the rooms cost, it was excellent value.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Ty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

I am so pleased we looked after you so well and you were happy with the Hotel and my team.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Hopefully it will not be too long before you have the opportunity to return.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We stayed here for one night on the way to South Wales and this hotel was surprisingly good. Staff who greeted us were lovely and the room was really nicely furnished. Bed could have been a bit bigger but it had comfy bedding. Our room had a little sofa which was a nice touch. This hotel is perfect to stay in for a night or two.

The only slight issue I had was with breakfast, I completely agree with the reviewer before me who said breakfast was chaotic. It really was, on our stay one of the coffee machines had broken down causing a long queue. I think having some filter coffee in a jug could be a good option too. Other than this, no complaints.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank amiadamtravels
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Ty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Many thanks for this review,
We try very hard to make this Hotel a fantastic place to stay, and helpful feedback like this is very useful. All the comments I receive are discussed with the whole team as we strive to learn from every response in order to continually improve our service and facilities. I appreciate the positive feedback which I will share with the team, and totally understand the point you raised , we will do better.
We try and deliver a family friendly environment, and with free Wi-Fi and breakfast it makes it an affordable stay as well.
We very much value the business we received from you.
Thank you for coming to stay with us please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, great location, great staff but absolute chaos at breakfast time, good choice of food from the buffet but only ONE toaster that caused a massive queue & the rest of the breakfast got cold, please get another toaster Hilton it's not as if you can't afford it !!

Trip type: Travelled with family
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Ty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

We try very hard to make this Hotel a fantastic place to stay.
Many thanks for your helpful feedback, we genuinely try to cater for all our customers needs ,
I am so glad my great little team looked after you so well. All the comments I receive are discussed with the whole team as we strive to learn from every response in order to continually improve our service and facilities, and of course encourage them to keep up the good work. It is always helpful to receive feedback from our valued guests.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you raised ref breakfast, this will be addressed immediately.
Thank you for coming to stay with us please come and see us again soon

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I guess the price gave it away - this is the Lidl of hotels. Not at all what I had expected from a hotel with the name Hilton attached to it. Breakfast is included in the price but there is no restaurant as such and the hotel does not serve lunch. Bar meals are available in the evening but the bar is part of the bright reception area without much ambience. A nearby Subway or a diner were suggested for lunch.
The rooms are fine but toiletries are ailed to the wall and none of the rooms have a bath. Bizarrely, the wardrobe and bathroom door serve a dual purpose so either the bathroom or the wardrobe are open at any one time. Smacks of price cutting. The tea tray has plastic stirrers instead of spoons.

Despite this the hotel was busy and the staff were friendly but this is no luxury hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMM123
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Ty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us your views.
Hamptons are one of the brands within the Hilton family and I have to agree with you , we may indeed compare in may ways to Lidl, offering great consistent standards at an affordable price, we certainly do not market ourselves as a luxury brand.
Hilton do of course offer more luxurious brands with prices to match, there are indeed brands to suit every potential customers requirements and pocket.
Once again I appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to our Hotel very soon .

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed over the past week at Hampton by Hilton hotel near Magor. The hotel is not bad from a business perspective. Rooms are kept clean, beds are comfortable, aircon, however you can not open window. Staff is polite and helpful. Good for business/work stay. Also there is gym available. And few quality bars, pubs and restaurants within 2miles

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tankmaster666

Thank you for taking the time to give us your views.
One of the great things about operating a Hampton is the freedom there is to create our own brand of ‘Hamptonality’
Although the rooms are all of the same high quality, the free breakfast / free internet and great amenities the same, we are able stamp our own personality on the service we offer.