US$43
US$78
PremierInn.com
US$79
US$531
St. Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club(Chepstow)(Great Value!)
US$140
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
US$114
US$101
US$83
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Gateway Hotel(Newport)
US$63
1,510 results
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastfree wifiair conbathroom doorsofa bedbudget hotelexcellent hotelplenty of parkingmodern hotelexcellent value for moneybeanseasy accessbusiness parkbusiness tripbuffet stylewalk in showerexcellent stay
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Good location, nice modern rooms but food options are very limited in the bar area, no room service so you can't work in your room and not have to waste time arranging and waiting for food. I discovered the information about ingredients given to bar staff was incorrect compared to that "on the packet" as reported by the barman. Free wifi was fine. As a business traveller I would not stay here again as it does not meet my needs.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Newport East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Many thanks for your helpful feedback,
All the comments I receive are discussed with the whole team as we strive
to learn from every response in order to continually improve our service
and facilities,
and of course encourage them to keep up the good work.
Please accept my apologies for the lack of room service , this is not a service Hampton Hotels offer , but is of course in many of the other Hilton brands.
We do offer a much greater range of foods on the 2 independent restaurants adjacent to this Hotel , one of which will deliver food to our guests, this is an option many of our customers enjoy.
I am immediately looking to change our inhouse menu to offer more choice for particular dietry requirements.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Location worked well for us. Room was decent and breakfast was fresh and plenty. Bathroom was bit of a small side with interesting sliding door design. Shower tray was very slippery which resulted with my wife falling down but reception team offered help for bucket of ice when reported. Nonslip bathmat should be standard in the room as asking for one when walking in to shower is not a very convenient time. I think we will be back on our next trip to Wales next time

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SuleymanOzal

We try very hard to make this Hotel a fantastic place to stay.
Many thanks for your helpful feedback, we genuinely try to cater for all our customers needs , I am so glad my great little team looked after you so well.
All the comments I receive are discussed with the whole team as we strive to learn from every response in order to continually improve our service and facilities,
It is always helpful to receive feedback from our valued guests.
Please accept my apologies for the issues you raised ref the shower, it already designed to be non slip, but we do have shower mats available on request .
I very much hope your wife is OK , Thank you for coming to stay with us please come and see us again soon

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We have stayed before. Convenient location on M4 - disabled access good with shower facilities in room. Free breakfast. Comfortable bed. Free car parking. Friendly and helpful staff. Budget range hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
RogerGoldsworthy, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Newport East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

The Hampton by Hilton brand really developed in the UK into the premier brand within the focused service sector, with Hotels in most areas of the UK.
The combination of modern hotel , and great team of staff have made this the most popular Hotel in the Newport area , thank you for coming and we hope to see you again soon .
Roger Goldsworthy

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Stayed here many, many times and am always happy with everything. The staff in particular. Pizza delicious. Breakfast good as you would expect from a hotel like this. Plenty of parking. Will definitely use again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so pleased we looked after you so well and you were happy with the Hotel and my team.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Hopefully it will not be too long before you have the opportunity to return.
Kind Regards
Roger Goldsworthy

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I was really surprised and disappointed with my visit here. With the Hilton label, I would expect better.
The size of the room was good and nice to have two double beds instead of the usual twin. Unfortunately the pillows and duvets were cheap and nasty and one bed didn't feel two safe. The room was tired and not very clean.
The shower room was really nice but just needs the cleaning tasks to go into the corners.
Breakfast was awful and the work tops etc didn't look clean and there isn't much on offer. Dirty cups and plastic glasses hanging about on work tops and drinks not wiped up.
The general staff were friendly and helpful but the staff wearing suits were unfriendly and didn't smile.
I think this is the worst review I have ever left.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Many thanks for your helpful feedback,
and of course encourage them to keep up the good work.
I am extremely sorry for the issue you raise in relation to your room , I will be working hard to ensure this was a one off drop in our usually high standards .
It is always helpful to receive feedback from our valued guests.

Thank you for coming to stay with us please come and see us again soon