The Feathers(Ruthin)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Coetmor(Ruthin)
2,589 results
All reviewslibrary barbertie's restaurantmedieval banquetprince of wales suitecream teapeacocks wanderingmoat spasteeped in historyroll top bathgrounds are lovelyspa facilitiesthermal suiterelaxation roompublic roomscooked breakfastbirthday treatfree standing bath
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We came to Ruthin castle last weekend as our last family holiday before we had our baby. It was a lovely stay but a few niggles were had.
We ordered room service on the first night which arrived Luke warm. Also we had ordered dessert and my husband had been asked if we would like a delay between our mains and dessert and we replied that we did. However, everything turned up altogether so we ended up eating cold dessert.
On our last day, we got to breakfast at 9 (so still
An hour left of serving time). There was barely anything left and no staff seemed to top up in the time we were there. My biggest complaint however is the service we experienced at breakfast. We weren’t given milk with our coffees and when we asked for some, the waiter took a jug off the dirty table next to us that he was cleaning and gave it to us to use. He must have seen I was not happy with this as he rudely responded ‘What? It’s fresh’.
I work in the service industry and would not a) do this or b) speak to a customer in this manner.
I felt embarrassed so we ended up leaving the majority of our breakfast and packing to go home.
It’s a shame that it ended this way as it was a lovely time before that.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank maggielola2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We went for afternoon tea today and would never do it again! This had been a present to us and I can only feel so sorry for the person who gave it to us. They thought it would be lovely and they have wasted their money. We have had much better afternoon teas in garden centres. The coffee was far too strong so we asked for tea instead, which they did bring. The only trouble is that you wait so long for everything. We didn't enjoy the atmosphere (very snooty) and the room was only half full. The couple next to us waited 15mins for their sweet.
When we had finished the "sandwiches" I requested the rest to be done for me to take home - this was done in foil but on arriving home half of it had been missed out, maybe somebody else had booked for tea after us!
When we arrived the place looked really tired and in need of a good update. I realise these places take a lot of upkeep but they charge enough to at least make it LOOK as if it is worth it. The staff are in anything as long as it is black & white and they look tatty. For the price of items in the restaurant you would expect them to be in a clean uniform!
I would never go back.

Room Tip: I didn't stay overnight but with what I saw I wouldn't bother.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My husband and I booked a deluxe suite for an anniversary celebration. Our room was quirky and fabulous! Excellent quality fittings and spotlessly clean. The only reason I haven't given 5 stars is that despite it being mentioned at the time of booking there was no gluten free bread available for breakfast. We shall be returning,I want to try out another of the themed suites

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a deluxe suite,you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Using a voucher gifted from work colleagues we eventually booked into the hotel for a dinner, bed and breakfast deal. We stayed in a double room with a very nice bathroom suite.
The dinner was average but the drinks were overpriced. The price of the nights stay was very short of the voucher value, still we were presented with a separate bar bill on check out; meaning the hotel pocketed at least £50 of the face value of the voucher that was not taken off our bill.
During our stay a couple had sat down to dinner and an hour and a quarter later had still not been served with their starter meals.
Overall a disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms had a nice view of the gardens.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay at Ruthin castle and like last time it was very pleasant. The reception we received was friendly and informative. Bar staff were attentive and polite. Breakfast is included and was lovely. We ate in the library bar and Bertie’s restaurant. Both were excellent. During the day the decor looks like it could do with some TLC but by night it looks spectacular. Our room was spacious, the bathroom was luxurious. My only gripe was that our double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together and one was higher than the other. Not much to complain about but it made sleep uncomfortable as I would roll into the centre of the bed

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple