Lowest prices for your stay
US$494
US$389
View deal
Free cancellation until 05/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$389
eDreams
CheapTicketsUS$494
1,503 results
All reviews afternoon tea beautiful hotel duchess suite music room menai straits dining experience wet room public rooms are drawing room scones dining room stunning views romantic break birthday treat special occasion amazing venue course dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2021

After reading through other reviews, I felt I had to give my opinion.

People seem to forget that during this difficult period, many hotels and resorts are under tremendous pressure to provide the same service that we are all used to, however, working in the industry myself, I am very aware of the leagal obligations and the covid secure restrictions placed on the hospitality industry, just so every is aware, you are not allowed to clean a room or enter a guest room for the duration of the guest stay under current guidlines, hotel staff have to quarantine any items removed from the rooms for a minimum period of 3 days in order to ensure the safety of guests and staff alike. This is law, this is not an option.

Billions have been spent on re-training staff members on the current government guidelines which change sometimes daily, so I for one applaud hotels who like Chateau Rhianfa who abide by current rules and regulations in order to keep everyone safe. I am not the one to say - I can't have what I want so I am unhappy.
Quite the opposite, businesses still need to make money and I for one am happy to pay the price to feel safe and secure rather than complain about menial issues that mean nothing when compared to the lives that my be lost if the secure enviroment is compromised.

Great staff - happy people, good atmosphere, keep up the good work, some of us repsect the values you employ when considering the safety of others.

Well done you guys.

Reviewed 7 June 2021 via mobile

I stayed at Chateau Rhianfa for 4 nights. The building was magnificent and interesting. I have read a lot of bad reviews about the hotel and kept expectations low. So I was pleasantly surprised how nice the place was! The staff were very helpful and polite. The food was actually very good! Guess they found a new chef. I had dinner four night and they were all very delicious. The hotel was fully booked and in high demand. I took a lot of photos in a Cinderella dress in the garden and sitting room. The chateau hotel was elegant. My room was number 4, turret room (executive double). The room was in good size, especially the bathroom. However the window was ridiculously tiny. It was in attic right above the bar. On Saturday night, some guests were having a good time in the bar till midnight. I could not sleep due to the noise. After complaining to the bar staff, they moved to a different location. The hotel is popular with weddings. So noise can be an issue. I don’t recommend room 4 if it is a hot day or party night. Other than that, I had such a wonderful time first visit to Wales. Very glad to stay by the beach of Anglesey rather than on the mainland. The room was clean. The tea was wonderful. The view!!! Life is good when staying here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2021

Having visited for afternoon tea many times for celebrations with friends,it was on my bucket list to stay here.So for my belated 60th and our 20th wedding anniversary we booked to stay we'd had a little road trip and this was our last stay (save the best for last!or so we thought) We arrived for lunch and had emailed prior to check if we had to book we were told no need to book . The receptionist told us as soon as we arrived that there was no lunch just sandwiches so if we wanted to go somewhere else we could but as I didnt fancy standing in a queue in Beaumaris we said that was fine.We went into the lounge area and picked a seat to be told they were all reserved for afternoon tea! we were sat in the window which was nice the girl serving was very plesant but appeared stressed about afternoon tea we were told there were 3 choices of sandwiches so we choose and ordered a glass of champagne.When the sandwich came it was a sandwich cut in half with 2 tomatoes and crisps in a chipped bowl not quiet what I envisioned for our anniversary lunch .The Receptionist came and said our room was ready so we went up. The suite was beautiful but couldnt help but notice that after staying elsewhere 4-5star there were no robes/ fridge /little extras.
We took a walk in the garden and it looks lovely but parts like tennis court and garden furntiture looked tatty.Glasses an an outside table had been put on the floor and were there for our whole stay.Dinner was ok
the food was tasty but presentation very poor and although we were told the menu was done daily some items were not available.
Had a gin in the bar after our meal but had to move as white dust was coming from the roof in the mezzanine
& dropping on the table and chair.
Overall the staff were helpful but its like everything is being run a shoe string the receptionist was running around getting fans and irons not housekeeping.
It felt unloved, it was not magical, they say the dream is always better than the realityl im sad to say I won't be returning.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annawhit1
Reviewed 2 June 2021 via mobile

As per previous reviewers, we found this to be rather tired looking and a bit of a mixed bag overall.

Great location and a very grand building with lovely gardens, but once inside you notice that the building is pretty tired - it certainly isn't recently or meticulously refurbished as described by them.

Our suite had damp, mismatched patched in paint and pen marks on soft furnishings.

We ate there on each night as part of a DBB package. The food was generally OK, although the staff struggled on the first night when it was busy and our steaks came out cold. However, the staff were very polite and likeable.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay but did not feel it was good value and would look at alternatives if we return to Anglesey.

Room tip: Don't try and park in the top car park - there are only about 10 places! Drive a few hundred yards and there's a steep slope to a large overflow car park
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

Having waited two years and had to rearrange our stay several times, we were quite disappointed. Obviously the hotel has only been reopened a week but the hotel felt tired and neglected. The staff and the view were wonderful but we wouldn’t class it as a luxury stay - our room only had one small fanlight, opening window so the room was stifling and we were just glad the outside temperature was only 15! The room was fairly basic (could be due to Covid restrictions), with no hotel or dining information and our tv only received BBC (we did report this to reception but wasn’t addressed). In addition the furniture was quirky but not really suitable and we found a dusty jumper behind the chest of drawers!
The communal lounges were nice although you had to find someone if you wanted a drink. The staircase to our room had a piece of wrapping paper on the window ledge for the whole three days of our stay and although our room was serviced, we never saw a cleaner.
The gardens are a real feature with a superb view over the water, but were in need of some maintenance as was the tennis court which had a cracked surface with weeds growing through it. The breakfast we had each day was nice but, despite ordering the same thing every day, what arrived was always different in both quantity and content!
The hot tub and sauna weren’t open (we were told due to Covid although reading previous reviews it hasn’t been working for some time) the bar was also closed due to Covid.
Parking was available outside the hotel but was very tight and difficult to manoeuvre although there was a further overflow car park down the road. We discovered there was a small luggage lift after carrying our cases up the stairs which no one at reception mentioned or offered to help us with.
Overall, this could be an amazing hotel in a wonderful setting but at the moment is not value for money and we have had more comfortable stays in a Travelodge. Definitely not value for money.

Date of stay: April 2021