“Very friendly hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Llangefni
Radstock, United Kingdom
“Very friendly hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was there for two weeks recently while working locally. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The food is excellent. It's a shame I had to start early and missed breakfast most days as its one of the best hotel breakfasts I've eaten. Above all, the staff are very friendly and did everything they could to make me feel at home during my stay. I will definitely use this place when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
      Rooms
2 Thank pbredpuce

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Leicester, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

Stayed for one night after a long day working in Llangefni, booked on the strength of positive reviews on here and close proximity to workplace.

Staff were exceptionally friendly, check-in very straight forward.

Hotel has lots of character and is nice and cosy.

Room was very nice, bed very comfortable, however shower was not good, water pressure was very low, also the creaking floorboards from the corridor were very loud, the walls must be thin as conversations downstairs sounded like they were in my room so getting off to sleep took some time

Nice bar with decent local beer, very quiet when I stayed so no real atmosphere but staff again were friendly.

Evening meal was just OK, not particularly cheap so I expected a little more quality, also did not like the very loud music in the restaurant particularly as not my taste.

Breakfast was again just OK, no sign of fresh pastries or fruit, full english wasnt bad but sausages were of the cheaper variety, I was hoping for better!

All in all I was happy with my stay and will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms as far away from bar area are quieter I would imagine
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank BrentmeisterGeneral
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I have been lucky enough in the past to have been able to book a Sunday lunch at Nant Yr Odyn,it has always been a very pleasant experience,but the best meal that I ever experienced was a few months ago when I went for an evening meal there.
As usual we had to pre-book as it's so popular.We were greeted at the bar by staff who are so genuinly friendly,after taking our food order we waited in the bar area for a short while before going for our meal.My starter was garlic mushrooms which was lovely,then came my rump of lamb main course,what a joy,cooked perfectly,with fresh vegetables,none of your frozen rubbish here,the side order of veg was small but I was told that if I wanted more I was just to ask.As an ex-chef I can honestly say that the quality and value for money is second to none.When my wife and I consider a place for a meal Nant yr Odyn is always our first choice,but let me warn you,book early to avoid disapointment.Fantastic experience always.
Em and Di

Room Tip: I can only put my experience at the restaurant as I have not used the hotel part,but I have heard t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emothedemo
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

What a lovely little hotel this was. Nestled in the country, yet 2 minutes from the main A55 which gave you access to the whole island of Anglesey. The room was spacious and clean and all the staff were lovely. The english breakfast was just superb and we would definately go there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hallworthfamily
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

Stayed here on our way home to Ireland on the ferry from Holyhead and will be making this our usual overnight from now on. The sun was shining as we drove down the narrow road to Nant Yr Odyn Country Hotel & Restaurant and we were delighted when we turned the corner and saw such an attractive building.
Our room was bright and comfortable but we did have a couple of disappointments about it. The bath was long and narrow with nowhere to grip as I tried to get both in and out; as the bathroom had a very sloped roof the shower head was only about three feet high and it would not be possible for any person to actually use it other than for rinsing hair. We could not find a socket for a shaver anywhere – either in the bedroom or the en-suite. It just means I will be a bit more specific in my room description request next time I visit.
We had a beautiful meal in the restaurant where the quality of the food was excellent – I absolutely loved my lamb steak with plumb and mint sauce. The bar/lounge area is very well laid out with very comfortable sofas and chairs and the whole atmosphere was efficient, welcoming and friendly in every part of the house.
While I will definitely return, I was surprised that last breakfast orders were at 9am on the Sunday morning – I would have thought that 9.30 or 10 would have been a bit more suitable. I was still glad I got up for it as the service and quality were both top class.

Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Barcardi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangefni
7.6 km away
10.8 km away
The Anglesey Arms
The Anglesey Arms
#3 of 5 in Menai Bridge

Been to Nant Yr Odyn Country Hotel & Restaurant Ltd? Share your experiences!